Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:48:59 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455090 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: January 02, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »

Stop reminding me!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: January 03, 2011, 04:28:44 AM »

Haha! Don't worry Jeff. I make sure to read up plenty on shit I don't understand. The fact that the Droids are open source, Sprint is cheaper, and my last experience with signal dropping to almost nil and the customer service I received over the phone is just adding more reasons to make me switch. My buddy with the Epic is paying about $90 a month for almost unlimited everything. The minutes that are on his plan are for calling landlines but who really still uses those?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: January 03, 2011, 07:42:17 AM »

+1 on what Z said, except I'm not going back to sprint. I've had and experiences with them. I'm probably gonna end up switching to T-Mobile.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #798 on: January 03, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »

T-Mobile has been great to me. We have 2 lines with unlimted everything, and I pay about $140 a month.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: January 03, 2011, 01:54:20 PM »

Fuck yeah, I just hacked my phone to disable any data throttling that Verizon does on their phones. Basically, if you go over 5gb of data during a month (despite the fact that your plan is unlimited), Verizon throttles your data connection, and makes things unbearably slow, or if you download large files, they throttle that too. Now, I haven't gone over 5gb yet, but I'm sure that disabling the throttling will help sooner or later. Some people nearly doubled their download rate after disabling it.

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: January 03, 2011, 03:44:46 PM »

how's that done jeff? obviously, it's not a transferrable hack to other phones, but just curious as to how you can bypass something like that?

-brian
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: January 03, 2011, 04:00:22 PM »

+1 on what Z said, except I'm not going back to sprint. I've had and experiences with them. I'm probably gonna end up switching to T-Mobile.
I've had Sprint before and switched out because of coverage when I was in Cali. In retrospect, I should have never made the switch. I never had a problem with the service aside from the coverage in cow country NorCal but that was only at the base and 4 years ago. They've done nothing but improve since.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: January 03, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »

how's that done jeff? obviously, it's not a transferrable hack to other phones, but just curious as to how you can bypass something like that?
Actually, it can more than likely be done on your phone to. Just make sure to back it up beforehand. In /system/framework/services.jar, there is a classes.dex file that you need to decompile. In the file, you'll file 7 throttling files that you simply delete. After that, you just recompile the classes.dex back, then put it back services.jar, then push it back to your phone.

b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: January 03, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

did you actually edit the file yourself or is there a CWM flash available for your phone?

-brian
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: January 03, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »

My alarm still isnt working. Stupid iPhone!

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #805 on: January 03, 2011, 06:46:33 PM »

did you actually edit the file yourself or is there a CWM flash available for your phone?
I edited the file myself. If you can pull the services.jar file from you phone, I could probably create a CWM flash for you. I'd just have to figure out how to make those patches lol

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: January 04, 2011, 08:31:01 AM »

My alarm still isnt working. Stupid iPhone!
And that's why I'm leaving the damn thing and going Droid.

b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: January 04, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

I edited the file myself. If you can pull the services.jar file from you phone, I could probably create a CWM flash for you. I'd just have to figure out how to make those patches lol

I'll play around in root explorer when I get a chance and locate the file.  I dont think I've been throttled by vzw, but it'd be nice to have a safe guard lol.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #808 on: January 04, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »

Wondering why the nexus S lacks a memory card slot? At first I thought it was to curb rooting and such but, it's a "developer" phone so I'm pretty sure you can have your way with it out of the box.
b_beau_09

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: January 04, 2011, 10:09:43 AM »

Wondering why the nexus S lacks a memory card slot? At first I thought it was to curb rooting and such but, it's a "developer" phone so I'm pretty sure you can have your way with it out of the box.

i was wondering the same thing.. it's odd to have a top tier developer phone without expandable memory, especially after windows phone 7 just took a hit due to the OS being on the SD card for those phones.

-brian
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012