Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:42:11 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455077 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 09, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »

They will stop the competition from using it I promise.

Why though? When they can profit from it. We are talking about Apple here. They are more than capable of developing a map that is just as good. Obviously it would cost Apple a ton of money but they can do it. This is on a different scale but my families furniture company made wood tables in their factory. They used to be the number one selling table manufacturer in the country before imports came along. They sold the components to their tables to the factory next door because they didn't have the equipment to make the table legs. The company could have purchased the machinery required but then they would have been out that sum of money and Rose Hill would have been out of those sales. They helped the competition but remained number one. Obviously it's a different market and scale, but the same concepts apply in my opinion.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: September 09, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »

It's a totally different thing, and the cost of the investment to make a similar product would be HUGE. I don't think Apple's developement, and engineering is very good at all. It's evident everytime the release a product.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: September 09, 2010, 01:44:18 PM »

Does your Google Maps have Navigation or Google Latitude?
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 09, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »

^mike you have to give apple props for the products that they have that are incredible.. namely their macs/macbooks, and ipods.  and the iphone when it first came out WAS pretty damn good (for the time frame) yes, it's gone downhill since and there are equivalents/phones that pass it by now, but nothing matched it back then.  Does apple make things hell for the end user? yes. but that's the type of company apple is.  they want their products to remain their products so they can maximize revenue.  which you can't fully blame them for.. all company's look out for their own ass first, customer after. Some do fuck you nicer than apple, but in the end, any company you buy anything from is fucking you.

-brian
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 09, 2010, 02:03:05 PM »

Does your Google Maps have Navigation or Google Latitude?
iPhone users do have Google Latitude.  but don't get me started about Google Latitude..

Apple is just another player in the market.  Without competition, there wouldn't be various options to choose from.

The best thing about Android vs. iOS right now is the competition.  Companies are pushed to make things better, faster, more efficient, etc.

- Mark
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

It's a totally different thing, and the cost of the investment to make a similar product would be HUGE. I don't think Apple's developement, and engineering is very good at all. It's evident everytime the release a product.

But the concept is the same, no? It may be on a different scale but it still applies.That's just an ignorant statement. In consumer report every category Apple had a computer in it was number one except the miniature and it was number 2. You cannot deny that the iPod is the best MP3 player one the market.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »

iPhone users do have Google Latitude.  but don't get me started about Google Latitude..

Apple is just another player in the market.  Without competition, there wouldn't be various options to choose from.

The best thing about Android vs. iOS right now is the competition.  Companies are pushed to make things better, faster, more efficient, etc.

I have been saying this from day one. It only helps us in the end. It helps with pricing as well as developement, and after looking into it a little bit it seems that the realationship with Apple/ Google Maps will be ending soon. Apple purchased a map developement company and is in the process of building a "Server Farm" in North Carolina.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2010, 02:13:25 PM »

But the concept is the same, no? It may be on a different scale but it still applies.That's just an ignorant statement. In consumer report every category Apple had a computer in it was number one except the miniature and it was number 2. You cannot deny that the iPod is the best MP3 player one the market.

I agree and own one. When it comes to phones they drop the engineering ball. I think they became complacent in the few years since the original I Phone, and I blame the lack of a serious competitor. It's game on now lets see what happens. I do worry about how the released the latest I Phone will issues that the must have known about prior to release. I also like the Mac Book but, the OS isn't supported by the company I work for so I have no choice but, to run Windows. Let’s assume statements made in this thread only pertain to Cell phones because that’s its purpose.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2010, 02:40:43 PM »

It looks like it's a toss up between the Droid 2 and the Samsung right now.  I may go play with some phones after work if I have time.  Waiting on the Verizon lady to call me back though. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 09, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »

I'm considering the droid 2 myself.. I love the docking platform it has.. looks like an alarm clock, and you can make it so it displays the weather for your area right under it, so when you wake up (phone is your alarm as well) you can see what your day is going to look like right away, and dress appropriately.  simple things like that make me like certain phones.

-brian
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

I couldn't be happier with my Samsung.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2010, 02:54:30 PM »

I am hesitant because it's a Motorola product.  I had a Samsung phone like 12 years ago and loved it.  So far, I've had good luck with Samsung stuff. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Tunergirl

Reputation Power: 2
Tunergirl pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »

Timmy I am actually getting the Droid 2 tomorrow. I need it so I can access internet from my phone on my laptop and it wil reduce my bill by quite a bit. I actually went and played with it 2 days ago and loved it. I hate my Env Touch and can't wait to get rid if it, on my 2nd one now. I am getting the Samsung intensity II for the kids as wel.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2010, 03:21:51 PM »

Holy shit!!  Carrie is posting?  Ridiculous.

My main issue is that I have never owned a Motorola product that actually worked well.  I've plenty of Motorola devices from pagers, to cell phones, to blue tooth devices, to my cable boxes at home.  I have had a problem with every single one of them.  As pissed off as I am with Verizon, I really don't want to set myself up for another phone that I'm not going to be happy with.  Based on my track record with Verizon, I've gone through like 12 phones in the past 4 years because they've all sucked.  I don't want to be one of those people, but at the same time, I really don't want to settle for something not working. 

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: September 09, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »

I have seen negative reviews about the intensity II. I have also had the best luck with Samsung. The Intensity 2 doesn't run Android in is subsequently beaten into sub mission by edits to the software made by Verizon. On the other hand Tim I haven't heard many complaints about the Droid family. I agree with Moto's track record though.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012