Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:04:48 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455124 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: September 09, 2010, 10:17:26 AM »

I'm well aware that the "Maps" app on the iPhone is powered by Google. Why else would I post a screen shot that says google in the lower left hand corner?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: September 09, 2010, 10:24:56 AM »

That should tell you something there's no apple stuff on my android.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 09, 2010, 10:41:55 AM »

Apple is just using their resources  Grin

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: September 09, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »

Your right they do need to use other companies to create there products that's a good model for longevity
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

Would it not be inefficient to create something as vast as a global map when there is an excellent one available? That would be stupid to go out and develop one. Google is a much more diverse company. Apple focuses mainly on hardware. They have very little software of their own.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »

What are they going to do when there software licenses run out and companies refuse to sell them new ones?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2010, 11:08:49 AM »

It looks like my email complaint went a little further than my phone conversation with customer service yesterday.  The woman who emailed me said that I could get a new phone and she would waive the difference in price so I get a free phone.  It looks like I have a little time to figure out what I want. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2010, 11:10:55 AM »

What are they going to do when there software licenses run out and companies refuse to sell them new ones?

At that point they would have no choice but to develop new software, but, honestly, do you think Google will ever cut that tie? Like I said Well over 60 million iPhones sold. That's a lot of opportunity for Google to get their name out there.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

Galaxy s is the best option. On screen key board is the same as the I junk. So its not that bad. Come to the darkside!
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2010, 11:17:12 AM »

At that point they would have no choice but to develop new software, but, honestly, do you think Google will ever cut that tie? Like I said Well over 60 million iPhones sold. That's a lot of opportunity for Google to get their name out there.

This quote shows how short sighted you are. Take off your mainstream apple is the best mentality and realize that they will cut ties with there direct competition. As soon as that contact is up you can bet everything you have on it. You do not support your competition. Of course the  length of contract or duration remaining is not public knowledge.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

Even if they do cut the contract. Google maps is free. Why would Google cut income? What stops apple from developing an app as an interface for maps.google.com. Hell, I could make that app.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:33:32 AM by wtcii » Logged

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »

You don't think they have the ability to stop that? Your way to one sided to even talk about this with.
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 09, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

Sides are irrelevant in this. This is more business strategy. All I'm saying is as long as Google is open source, which seems to be a high point for the android phones, they can't stop it. I know they have the ability to stop it, I just don't think they will.

Bill C.
SECM member
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: September 09, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »

They will stop the competition from using it I promise.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 09, 2010, 12:26:09 PM »

It looks like my email complaint went a little further than my phone conversation with customer service yesterday.  The woman who emailed me said that I could get a new phone and she would waive the difference in price so I get a free phone.  It looks like I have a little time to figure out what I want. 
Galaxy s is the best option. On screen key board is the same as the I junk. So its not that bad. Come to the darkside!

I disagree.  Tim I would suggest that you go in and mess around with all of the phones they have available, and choose for yourself.  read reviews. read comparisons.  Do your homework.  Not that I think you wouldn't.  There are a lot of good phones out there that are available, but it really depends on what your needs are from your handset.

-brian
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012