Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:11:28 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455137 times)
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: August 20, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »

what the hell is the difference between a droid x and a droid 2?

-Alec
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #361 on: August 20, 2010, 10:30:01 AM »

A physical keybord is the only real differance.

Droid 2 runs Android 2.2 out of the box but, the X is expected to update this month.

Both phones use the same 1 GHz OMAP 3630 processor and have 512MB of Ram.

The droid X has a bigger screen, and the camera is 8 MP while the Droid 2 is only 5 MP. Droid X also offers an HDMI output.

I would prefer the Droid X but, they are very similar - the keyboard.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:35:35 AM by lavalleemike » Logged
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 20, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »

^what he said.  basically if you can't live without a physical qwerty keyboard, you'll want the Droid 2. Otherwise, you might as well get the X, as it has a bigger screen and better camera.  The 2.2 Froyo update for the DX is supposed to be coming mid september I hear.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: August 20, 2010, 11:09:31 AM »

I may consider the Droid 2 if Verizon ever calls me back.  I'm still a bit hesitant to go with a Motorola product though. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 20, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »

tim to be honest, I would hold off on it.  The reviews of the D2 haven't been stellar, and it's not a HUGE step up from the original Droid that is it's predecessor.  There are a few phones I'm holding out for, the Droid Pro for instance (basically the Droid 2, but better?) and the Samsung Galaxy S phone (Fascinate).  Not to mention the iphone is in production (supposedly) with CDMA antenna's (could go VZW or Sprint), if that's your choice.

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

I'd be okay with an iPhone.  Honestly, I just want a fucking phone that works. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »

tim to be honest, I would hold off on it.  The reviews of the D2 haven't been stellar, and it's not a HUGE step up from the original Droid that is it's predecessor.  There are a few phones I'm holding out for, the Droid Pro for instance (basically the Droid 2, but better?) and the Samsung Galaxy S phone (Fascinate).  Not to mention the iphone is in production (supposedly) with CDMA antenna's (could go VZW or Sprint), if that's your choice.

This phone is sick

The Iphone thing is a rumor at best. It started because the placed an order for deveoplement of a CDMA device with Pegatron Technology. They exclusivity agreement with AT&T is supposed to be up this year but, cash is king in Apples world so if AT&T is willing to write a fat check I'd expect to see nothing change. I would also think it would end up with sprint first Verizon has never been known to let the manifature of a device make a ton of money on it, and thats what Apple is after.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: August 20, 2010, 01:45:28 PM »

I'd be okay with an iPhone.  Honestly, I just want a fucking phone that works.  

I can't see Verizon being willing to pay what Apple is going to want. From what I have read the deal with AT&T is very lucrative to Apple. They get an astronomical amount from AT&T for every phone sold. That is why AT&T's rate plans for the Iphone are so high because they need to be in order for them to maintain there profit margin.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: August 20, 2010, 04:38:45 PM »

Verizon's heads are up their asses if they aren't willing to go for it.  Regardless of what you may think about the iPhone, they lose a lot of customers because they don't have it. 

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:52 PM »

I agree but, Unless they do it at the release of Iphone 5 the will consider a minimal market share because all the fanboys will be under contract by AT&T. If they do expect the rate plans to go up... Or a special I phone plan...
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 20, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »

You know that if Verizon gets the iPhone sales are going to go way up regardless of who is under contract. People are willing to do anything to get an iPhone. Like the lady who bought the seat from me at the release. She paid $500 just to be assured that she would get one.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2010, 06:52:21 PM »

Bill you fail to realize that all those idiots already have I phones... Thats what you losing here. Apple hasn't been gaining new customers they have had repeat customers.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »

A physical keybord is the only real differance.

Droid 2 runs Android 2.2 out of the box but, the X is expected to update this month.

Both phones use the same 1 GHz OMAP 3630 processor and have 512MB of Ram.

The droid X has a bigger screen, and the camera is 8 MP while the Droid 2 is only 5 MP. Droid X also offers an HDMI output.

I would prefer the Droid X but, they are very similar - the keyboard.
seems weird. with the "x" and 2 numbers. i agree with tim. moto suckso. 

-Alec
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2010, 11:40:10 PM »

I personally like the X better than the 2. I'm very impressed with the software keyboard on the X.

In other news, there's a 2.2 Froyo update leak for the Droid X. I am more than likely going to try it out tonight.

Edit: Updating to Froyo now!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:05:58 AM by Jeff » Logged

cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 21, 2010, 12:16:27 AM »

am runing Cm 2.2 on my slide is sick feels like a computer in my hand but am waiting for the g2 to come out and upgrade again

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012