Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:29:10 PM
Poll
Question: Who hates cell companies' bullshit?
Me - 5 (33.3%)
This guy! - 7 (46.7%)
Who's got two thumbs? - 3 (20%)
I'm indifferent but they still suck - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cell Phone Discussion  (Read 455053 times)
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:49 AM »

Yeah.. It's always been like that. When you put your phone on silent it is vibrate only but I want it to ring and vibrate and only vibrate for text.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2010, 11:12:27 AM »

I hate that I didn't wait a few months to pick up the 3gs which is night and day better than my 3g. A simple fix when I get back home for Christmas though.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »

I think it's a good idea to mention the exact phone and carrier you have.  The network you're on makes a difference.  Here we go from the top of my head.

BB Tour - Verizon
- 4 Tours that all have the same problem / I have also had bad luck with my BB Storm, so this makes it the 7th BB I have owned in 18 months
- ring tone does not play what it's set to / it seems to be playing default tones at random
- sometimes the alert tone doesn't work
- sometimes the vibrate doesn't work
- drops calls like crazy
- every time I replace my phone and transfer my contacts, it reformats the phone numbers to have no spaces or dashes so it is 000000000 instead of 000-000-0000 or (000) 000-0000 / I have to manually edit it back to the way I like it so I can actually read the numbers
- battery life just dramatically decreased one day / no changes were made to the phone / no apps were added / it just went from me having to charge my phone every 3 days, to having to charge my phone every 12-18 hours
- Verizon customer service is shitty and inconsistent / some people are extremely helpful and are really nice, while others act like giant douchebags and are pissed that they actually have to do their job / I also get inconsistent information about fixing problems i.e. - one tech will say to do a SW update, while another will say that I should have my phone replaced

That's it for now.  I'm never ever getting another BB.  I've gotta call the tech guy at Verizon again to have him replace this POS phone. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2010, 11:25:57 AM »

Yeah.. It's always been like that. When you put your phone on silent it is vibrate only but I want it to ring and vibrate and only vibrate for text.

I've never tried that. I'm going to have to look and see if I can do it.
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 04, 2010, 12:12:09 PM »

I think it's a good idea to mention the exact phone and carrier you have.  The network you're on makes a difference.  Here we go from the top of my head.

BB Tour - Verizon
- 4 Tours that all have the same problem / I have also had bad luck with my BB Storm, so this makes it the 7th BB I have owned in 18 months
- ring tone does not play what it's set to / it seems to be playing default tones at random
- sometimes the alert tone doesn't work
- sometimes the vibrate doesn't work
- drops calls like crazy
- every time I replace my phone and transfer my contacts, it reformats the phone numbers to have no spaces or dashes so it is 000000000 instead of 000-000-0000 or (000) 000-0000 / I have to manually edit it back to the way I like it so I can actually read the numbers
- battery life just dramatically decreased one day / no changes were made to the phone / no apps were added / it just went from me  ::)having to charge my phone every 3 days, to having to charge my phone every 12-18 hours
- Verizon customer service is shitty and inconsistent / some people are extremely helpful and are really nice, while others act like giant douchebags and are pissed that they actually have to do their job / I also get inconsistent information about fixing problems i.e. - one tech will say to do a SW update, while another will say that I should have my phone replaced

That's it for now.  I'm never ever getting another BB.  I've gotta call the tech guy at Verizon again to have him replace this POS phone. 

I'm in the same boat as you tim, my phone does pretty much all the same stuff, and I have the BB Curve from forever ago with the normal track ball, not the optical one.  I'm never getting another BB either... but I"m not convinced of any other phone that is worth it yet...

-brian
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: August 04, 2010, 12:14:51 PM »

That's my problem too.  There isn't another phone out there that I know of that's going to be less of a piece of crap.  I'm basically just going to end up getting a different phone with different problems. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »

Droid X, or the Droid you will be happy
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: August 04, 2010, 12:30:46 PM »

I've already boycotted Motorola for the past 4 years. 

Tim
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 04, 2010, 12:38:46 PM »

iPhone 4!!!! or if the whole antennae thing bothers you get the 3GS

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 04, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

go with a android phone and you'll be set

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »

iPhone 4!!!! or if the whole antennae thing bothers you get the 3GS

I'll be honest, I would be happy with an iPhone because I like Apple products.  I am not going to be switching service though.  I get a 15% discount with Verizon from work.  I would only get a 10% discount with AT&T through my work.  The main reason why I wouldn't jump ship is because 99% of my friends and family have Verizon and the same goes with my fiance.

go with a android phone and you'll be set

Yeah, but which one?  Also, keep in mind that this will be a personal and business phone.  I'm trying to switch jobs and will rely heavily on my phone to do my job.  I must have a phone that will be reliable and provide me with email and consistent service. 

Tim
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »

Well there many good ones with key pads and decent displays i use mines for work but it did give me issues setting up my work email with exchange server while my blackberry never did if you staying with Verizon droid is the way to go

DV8mAn

I'm Tired...

Reputation Power: 4
DV8mAn pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »

I guess I'm the exception to the norm...

Verizon Network.  Hate the company but by far the best network.

BB Curve 8330.  Love the phone.  Nothing is perfect, but I've experienced minimal problems.  My OS maxes out at 4.5, however I just installed a hybrid 5.0 system with components from the 6.0 OS and the thing works better than ever.  It runs fast and battery life is great.  I like having a real keyboard, I dont think I'm ready for a touch surface phone.  To hard to work one handed.
status

GOMD

Reputation Power: 14
status pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 04, 2010, 05:37:53 PM »

I'll be honest, I would be happy with an iPhone because I like Apple products.  I am not going to be switching service though.  I get a 15% discount with Verizon from work.  I would only get a 10% discount with AT&T through my work.  The main reason why I wouldn't jump ship is because 99% of my friends and family have Verizon and the same goes with my fiance.

Yeah, but which one?  Also, keep in mind that this will be a personal and business phone.  I'm trying to switch jobs and will rely heavily on my phone to do my job.  I must have a phone that will be reliable and provide me with email and consistent service. 
yeah but tim, i think you posted your verizon bill was 180 or so.. but what if with apple with your girl it came to 180 with the discount?

-Alec
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: August 04, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »

AT&T won't be cheaper there prices are like robbery
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 145 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012