Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:18:24 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: key fob battery?  (Read 9993 times)
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »

I remember with my old ford i did the wire mod on my key fobs antenna that helped with the range the accord internals are different since its like inside a shell after you open it up would of help a bit if  i think since it should be the same concept to improve the range
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 01:16:48 AM by cna » Logged

mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »

I remember with my old ford i did the wire mod on my key fobs antenna that helped with the range the accord internals are different since its like inside a shell after you open it up would of help a bit if  i think since it should be the same concept to improve the range

I actually debated doing it with the accord, picked up the parts but never got around to it. You're right, the accord antennae is a coil within a plastic box in the drivers side door panel. Someone on one of the old websites (g7a, v6p, driveaccord) had taken one apart from a junk yard and had pictures of it all opened up. I think i remember them warning that it was difficult to put back together?...that's why I never got around to doing it lol...anyone remember/have link to those pictures?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 12:24:18 PM »

update to this, changed my key fob battery and saw no improvement...i think i'm going to try to mod the receiver with an antenna. I had planned to do this some years ago, so I already have the parts laying around. There use to be a thread on the old gen7accord forum where some one had taken apart the control unit in the drivers side door panel....anyone have a link or the pics?

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:50:55 AM »

There use to be a thread on the old gen7accord forum where some one had taken apart the control unit in the drivers side door panel....anyone have a link or the pics?

^Bump to this!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 01:00:44 AM »

It's gone now Sam.  Are you talking about the switches in the door?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »

It's gone now Sam.  Are you talking about the switches in the door?

Damn, I was hoping either you or thein had saved the images. Ya I remember a thread a while back with the Driver's door master switch taken apart and a small coil inside which functions as the car's antenna. I was planning on taking a security system's external antenna and wiring that in hoping to extend my range and keep the KP Window Roll up, if that doesn't work, i'll just rip it out and smash it to pieces >Cheesy

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 01:09:45 AM »

You could also take it out and sell it.  I should have time tomorrow to fuck around in the garage.  I'll see if I can get around to pulling mine apart to take pictures.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13:18 AM »

You could also take it out and sell it.  I should have time tomorrow to fuck around in the garage.  I'll see if I can get around to pulling mine apart to take pictures.
I didn't know there was still a market for those lol. But ya if you get around to doing that and snapping some pics that would be great! I know you have a fancy security system, so if you can, maybe attach a coil of wire to it and try out your oem key fob to see if anything improves.

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:37 AM »

Actually, my key fob still works fine the last time I had to use it.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to test anything for ya.  When I pulled the motor, I removed the battery and the wiring harness.  I'm not going to be able to put things back together enough to run power to my car right now.

Tim
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:21 PM »

Actually, my key fob still works fine the last time I had to use it.  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to test anything for ya.  When I pulled the motor, I removed the battery and the wiring harness.  I'm not going to be able to put things back together enough to run power to my car right now.

no worries, if you get around to getting pics of the antenna that would be great!

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012