Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:21:01 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The TSX 6MT swap thread  (Read 71033 times)
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Limmytimmy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2012, 02:25:34 PM »

My buddy did get it to work when i finally dragged my buddy over n we got the speedo calibrated nice now, i had a question though a buddy of mine is interested in doin a 6spd swap as well and he was wondering if a 04 type s tranny would work since hes got one
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »

The guts would but the case won't.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »

The tranny will bolt to the block, but it will not mount to your chassis.  You would have to swap the internals and re-use the Accord case.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2015, 11:42:43 PM »

I am currently having this done..
My 5mt took a complete crap...I really have no idea what happened, but i am told the internal bearing broke off? and it destroyed the casing inside...the guy recommended a rebuilt transmission..
I told him to just go ahead and drop in a 6 speed TSX transmission with a decent clutch kit.
Since this is an auto repair chain, I am paying around $2200 for a rebuilt transmission, $425 for the clutch kit and around $600 for the labor. We're taking no short cuts and I had the guy order Modifry Yellowjacket and wire the reverse lockout.

I think he was lied to by the transmission rebuilders, they are telling him that it has LSD, but after researching a little, Ive realized the TSX does not come with this differential...I will try to get him to lower the price a bit because of this...but deep inside, im hoping the rebuilders put LSD on there for sh*ts and giggles...

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »

The TSX does NOT have a LSD.  It only comes with an open differential.  Unless the rebuilder installed an aftermarket LSD for performance reasons (highly unlikely), it's an open diff.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2015, 07:08:00 PM »

Tim,

I doubt the rebuilders installed limited slip diff...the owner of the transmission shop said he called and confirmed, but i doubt some transmission rebuilding company will just randomly throw that diff on there..Unless they are performance minded...Ill have the owner of the shop check again once the tranny is here.

Anyways, hope this all turns out well..i miss driving my car..
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 08:55:50 PM »

Definitely make sure they don't over charge you.  Sometimes shops will pad things so they can charge you more.  It sucks when you deal with dishonest people.

Tim
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2015, 12:33:23 AM »

Today is the day I'm supposed to get my car back...took long enough.. I'm told to call by 10 am..
I've been driving my dads weekend tank...Its a 2004 Ford Expedition NBX...It HANDLES like sedan! but its HUGE!!! feels like I'm in a monster truck it's supposed to have some crazy suspension setup from factory...sadly it only gets 8-10 mpg with the 5.4..and I've been dailying it...

NEED MY ACCORD BACK!

I will tell you all what it feels like, hopefully they got the job done right...from what I've read, it should be too tough for a professional shop..but there are mad mechanics everywhere!
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2015, 07:33:47 PM »

You're doing the AT to MT conversion, or just a 5 speed to 6 speed?

Tim
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »

It's a 5 to 6spd conversion.
I just got my car back. Let me tell you how  Huh? I was when I did my first (conservative) pull.
There is definitely a huge difference!
I recommend this swap for any enthusiast that plans on keeping their accord for another 2-3 years.

Obviously every year pulls harder. Even 6th feels like it's pulling harder than my old 5th.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »

That's what happens when you go from a 4.3 final drive to a 4.7 final drive.  That's why a lot of the road race guys swap in 5.0-6.0 final drives in their track cars.

Tim
cd5myeleanor
Fucking Newb

cd5myeleanor pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2015, 08:51:48 PM »

Thanks Tim,

It was this thread that helped me make the right decision.

Do you know about Sachs clutch? Apparently their brand clutch and flywheel are mated to the transmission.
The pedal feels softer than before, but works fine.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2015, 10:40:25 PM »

Never heard of Sachs.  I have only used ACT (would not recommend) and Competition Clutch.  All of my clutches have been heavy.  I would love a light pedal, but that doesn't happen with high hp cars.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012