Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:53:23 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The TSX 6MT swap thread  (Read 71463 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2012, 06:53:19 PM »

As long as you're okay with revving your motor a lot higher to get moving from a full stop, then go for it. The lower mass of a lighter flywheel may help improve throttle response, but for street driving it's not exactly practical. I wouldn't go much lighter than the Type S flywheel. If you're actually serious about performance, you should probably spend your money on other things than a lightened flywheel.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Limmytimmy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2012, 07:42:11 PM »

well i dont have much money to do anything lol but i figure while ive got the opportunity i shud do it right thats all
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »

If it were me, I'd get the RSX Type S flywheel.  It's 8.5 lbs lighter than stock.  That's more than 1/3 the weight of the stock K24 flywheel.  It's a great balance of being lighter than stock, but not so lightweight that you have to rev your motor to 4k before you engage the clutch just to get moving.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2012, 08:15:01 PM »

ahhhhh well if its like that then youve got a point haha
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

I don't know everything, but I try to give practical advice.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »

sooooo my tsx 6spd swap is complete, its been in the car for about 2 weeks now and i love it! it took about 8hrs total, we split it between 2 days, i used the rsx-s exedy stage 1 organic clutch and an act streetlite 11.5lbs flywheel and i must say i cudnt be happier, drivability hasnt been effected at all, im just trying to figure out wut to do with this damn speedo issue, i contacted k-tuned and im waiting to hear back from them, theyve got a few similar products that i wanna see if any will work for me
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2012, 02:35:27 AM »

The only real option you have at this point is a module made by Modifry called the Yellow Jacket.  That's what I have for my car to correct the speedo, currently.  It's what S2000 guys use when they swap out the diff for a shorter final drive.  Essentially, that's what you've done since you went from the Accord 4.3 fd to the TSX 4.7 fd.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 06:33:30 PM »

Tim wut years did u get that y.b. for?   This is it right? http://modifry.com/products/yj/index.htm
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 08:59:13 PM »

There's only one version. Those links are for installation manuals for the AP1 and AP2. The yellow jacket is the same regardless of what year the car was manufactured.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »

aaahh ok, thanks man
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »

Is the install of the yellow jacket any different in my 07 then the s2k? I just got mine in the mail today
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »

It shouldn't be.  From what I recall, it's a 5v power signal, ground, and vss from the ECU and vss to the gauge cluster.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 05:30:12 PM »

so my buddy tried to install it for me but cudnt find a pin out on the internet, i think thats wut he called it, he didnt wanna touch anything without knowing wut it was but cant seem to find wut he needs anywhere on the internet...could someone possibly take a picture of where they spliced the wires in? that wud be a HUGE help, ive racked up a good 6-7 thousand miles on the odometer in less then 2 months that the tranny has been in  Cry
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:50 PM »

I think Tim would be the only guy that could. He's the only person I know of that has it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »

It's 4 wires on the ECU harness.  All you need is 5v, ground, and the vss input and output.  You basically tap into one wire on the ECU for 5v and then you cut the VSS wire and run the input to the harness side and output to the ECU side of the wire you just cut.

The mechanic couldn't find the VSS wire?  Does he not know how to use a DMM or read a service manual?

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012