Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:16:51 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The TSX 6MT swap thread  (Read 71582 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »

You can wire up the reverse lock out any way you want.  You can wire it to a switch or you can wire it to your brake lights.  It's not 100% necessary.  I've had mine without the reverse lock out wired up for over 2 years without issue.  You just have to pay attention while you're driving. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Bobsk24

Reputation Power: 4
Bobsk24 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 03:30:45 PM »

Cool.....thanks man

MDVACM #3
K24 5mt  (6 speed and M62sc coming one day....................)
Bobsk24

Bobsk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010, 04:18:27 PM »

I have two questions about this.  First:  Do I need to get anything else to perform this swap,  like bolts for the flywheel or anything?  And can I pull the transmission out from the top, because I dont have access to a lift, but I do have a cherry picker?  thanks everyone!

MDVACM #3
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2010, 05:02:58 PM »

Well, if your clutch doesn't have a release bearing, you'll need one of those.  Make sure you have grease/lube also.  I forget what Paul uses, but he's had good results with that.  You can reuse your flywheel bolts, but if you want to be anal, they're not expensive to replace.  If you don't have a lift and an engine brace, using a cherry picker to pull the motor is your 2nd best option.  You have to pull the motor and transmission together though.  You won't be able to pull the transmission out alone. 

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Bobsk24

Bobsk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2010, 04:16:17 PM »

the transmission wont come out seperate from the motor?

MDVACM #3
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2010, 10:38:35 PM »

Nope.  There's not enough room to get it out from the top.  You'd be making the job a lot more difficult if you tried it that way. 

Tim
Bobsk24

Bobsk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »

Cool....thanks for the info man.  I actually have use of a lift so I will be putting the tranny in from underneith

MDVACM #3
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 05:38:48 PM »

Hopefully you have an engine brace.  It's something that mounts to your shock towers and bolts to the back of your head to hold your engine in place so you can drop your sub frame. 

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »

for the rsx-s clutch n flywheel is there a certain year i wanna be looking into? and the same goes for the tsx tranny, my car is an 07....and if anyone knows of a tranny LMK lol
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2012, 08:03:32 PM »

The RSX Type S flywheel is the same for all years.  The part number for the flywheel is 22100-RBC-003.  All K Series trannys will bolt up to all K Series blocks.  The main thing you need to be concerned about is whether it will fit in your chassis.  You need to use an 04-08 TSX tranny since the CL and CM chassis are similar enough.

I know a guy that's selling a complete K24A2 long block and tranny that's located in MI.  I'll ask him if he's willing to sell the tranny separately and ship it.  What were you looking to pay for it?

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »

well i found an 04 tsx 6spd at my boys yard in the bx he sed theyve got it for 1400, but hell gimme it for a G...
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »

That's cool.  How many miles are on it?

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »

he didn't say, but I've gotta few more questions about the swap....if i wanna do a lighter then OEM type-s flywheel with a exedy stage 1 clutch is there any point in using the rsx-s set up or shud I just use tsx clutch n flywheel? and if so wit clutch alignment tool do i use....also I've got brass shifter bushings, ss clutch line, and a short throw adapter, can all this be swapped/reused with the new tranny? and do i need to change any linkages or the shifter box?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:16:23 PM by Limmytimmy » Logged
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2012, 12:01:29 AM »

Realistically, you don't want anything lighter than the RSX Type S flywheel for a daily driver.  It's 14 lbs, which is a significant reduction compared to the 22.5 lb Accord flywheel.  You're better off getting the RSX Type S flywheel anyway, because there are more aftermarket clutch options for the RSX Type S compared to the Accord/TSX.

All the other stuff you have can be reused.  You don't need to do anything but change the tranny.  The clutch and flywheel are just a nice upgrade.  Any clutch alignment tool will work.  They're all the same for your purposes.

Tim
Limmytimmy
Fucking Newb

Limmytimmy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »

aright cool tim thanks, I'm still in the process of getting my funds up but i wanna get this all figured out so i know wuts gotta be done...i will go with the rsx-s exedy stage 1 clutch but I'm gonna continue to think about flywheel options cause i really don't care at all about it being my DD, i just want more performance out of it and i like having the extra advantage of the lighter flywheel...
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012