Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:42 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No light on OEM deck  (Read 2764 times)
super425

Reputation Power: 1
super425 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:59:54 PM »

so I just install a pioneer deck today but turn out the OEM deck Dont light up those button. Anyone know how to fix it or something. Thanks
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:44 PM »

Can you clarify your exact problem?  If I had to guess, your issue is with the illumination of the buttons on your new Pioneer deck not working?

If that is the case, then your problem is either a wire that needs to be connected for a defective head unit.  Did you connect the illumination wire correctly?

- Mark
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 01:55:46 AM »

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
super425

Reputation Power: 1
super425 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

The problem i have is that OEM HU has no illumination after i install the pioneer deck.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

So, no backlight for the buttons and the screen when you turn your parking lights / headlights on?

The illumination wire does now go through the HVAC harness. It goes through the OEM audio system harness. If that is not connected, it's probably what's causing your problem.

Did you use the dual harness when you installed the Pioneer h/u? Did you make sure the illumination wire still goes to the OEM h/u connector if you used the dual harness?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 02:10:10 PM »

The problem i have is that OEM HU has no illumination after i install the pioneer deck.
Tim would probably be able to help you more, since I forget what the wire harness looks like for the gen 7 specifically.  I think it is a normal harness, which pretty much disables the OEM head unit; since that harness includes the illumination wire, the OEM head unit no longer has a wire to connect to for that function.

You may, if one does not already exist, have to make a custom harness.  When I had my gen 7, I wanted to keep navi and certain stock radio functions when I added my aftermarket stuff, so I made a custom harness.

edit: Tim beat my response..

- Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012