Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:49:27 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grounding  (Read 7427 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2010, 02:48:35 PM »

I did a grounding kit on my car this weekend, J30, and I haven't noticed any results.  What are some things that I should be noticing?

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 02:59:16 PM »

I was under the impression that they are supposed to help your audio setup or something...

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 03:09:52 PM »

There are alot of claims out there. More hp/tq, better mpgs and better audio clarity. I'm not sure which of these are actually true though.
cna

Reputation Power: 16
cna pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »

Have any pictures? how many points did you ground? when i did my car i swap out all the stock and replace with a heavier gauge all i notice was smoother start ups

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »

path 1) neg to strut tower
path 2) neg to block head, blockhead to IM, IM to strut tower, strut tower to alternator

I will get some pics if that will help?

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »

I seen different people do it different ways and everyone has mixed reviews about it might be all personal preference i did this along with the big 3 upgrade and grounded 7 points and all i have notice are the smoother start ups

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »

Pics in order from point to point, starting at the battery:

Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »

Meh.  You're probably not going to notice much of a difference except for your electrical components working a little better at idle and starting up, like Clemente mentioned.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:31 PM »

I even tried turning on the A/C to see if it "kicked in" any smoother.  I really can't tell.  Seems like the grounding from the factory is sufficient.

Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »

You'll probably notice that your lights don't dim as much when you turn on an additional electrical load (i.e. a/c).

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2010, 01:16:23 PM »

I've also heard that when you setup a grounding kit like that, it's better to have one ground wire go to each point instead of making it one long chain.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »

True that!!

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 11:07:54 PM »

Quote from: "stirfriedferret"
I've also heard that when you setup a grounding kit like that, it's better to have one ground wire go to each point instead of making it one long chain.

that would be one big ass clump of wires from the neg battery terminal...

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:07 PM »

They have grounding kits that mount to your negative battery terminal that have multiple mounting points for you to run a ground to different locations in your engine bay.  I need to get my ground kit/voltage stabilizer back in my car.

Tim
cna

cna pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »

this is how mines looks with voltage stabilizer and grounds i tucked most them away to give it a somewhat clean look

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012