Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:22:38 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Retro  (Read 7111 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 08:30:33 AM »

Or even DDM.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »

sucks. I have a set of DDM and Bosch and they work fine. "supposedly" the OEM ballast should work really well in negative degrees temp. If you need a set of ballast let me know.

Also where did you mount your ballast? I have mine directly under the headlight to shield it from water. I also used a ton of Silicon glue to block off the holes where water "might" get in.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 02:24:45 AM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
sucks. I have a set of DDM and Bosch and they work fine. "supposedly" the OEM ballast should work really well in negative degrees temp. If you need a set of ballast let me know.

Also where did you mount your ballast? I have mine directly under the headlight to shield it from water. I also used a ton of Silicon glue to block off the holes where water "might" get in.

Because Rich did my HID retro. He offered to take care of the problem. His old technique was to do what you did, but he said he has a new and much better and cleaner technique.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
mitchigan

mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »

Does anyone know about Rich's whereabouts? I have not heard from him after two weeks of trying to get a hold of him through PM's, phone calls and VM's, emails. I sent him my old retro and new OEM housings so he could redo it, and he knows about it, yet no word back from him. I'm staring to get worried and PO'ed.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 09:57:26 PM »

From what I know, Rich is a reliable guy.  I have not dealt with him in person myself though.  I have been trying to talk to Bjorn about a fog light retrofit, but have found that he is hard to get a hard to get a hold of and takes a long time to respond.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
LFSoccer2k6
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
LFSoccer2k6 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »

i just sent rich supplies to do my fog retro.  he has sent me several emails.
mitchigan

mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:18 AM »

So this is what they have completed of my 2nd retro w/OEM housings:
http://hidillusionz.blogspot.com/2010/03/accord-sc430-minigun-hid-retrofit.html

However I believe those are not my original OEM housings (look at the bottom ball/socket joints). Can someone help me confirm this? The OEM Honda/Stanley look like this from my experience:

I've seen other "OEM's" look like that first one... Did Honda change the design of those bottom holding joints on the chrome housings? I will be super pissed if they did not.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:03 PM »

I'm 99% sure that's an aftermarket housing.  It's kind of a bummer that I haven't heard back from Bjorn about doing a fog light retro.  I really wanted to get that done, but their slow/lack of communication makes me not want to have them do my retrofit.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012