Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 10:28:59 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guns: Long Arms, Side Arms, Shotguns, Etc...(not "gat's")  (Read 63482 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »

glocks are extremely reliable and affordable

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
exelr8
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2012, 04:23:30 PM »

Alright, it all depends on what you want the gun for, if you want something for "the end of the world" get a .22 caliber gun. Size weight and sound, everything you'll need. .22 caliber ammo is cheap to go out and shoot, in TN you can go buy 100 rds for 10 bucks or less. So you can shoot all day and shoot more often. That means when you do encounter a situation where the use of a firearm is necessary, you're going to be proficient with your weapons system. A lot of people discredit the .22 round as a home defense round but, the small fast round is designed to bounce around off of bones instead of going straight through a body, thus causing more internal damage.

Having said that, my recommendation goes to the Walther P22. It's fun to shoot, very reliable, looks cool, and fits in my hand(I have an average to a little above average hand size med-lrg gloves). A Walther is not the cheapest .22 out there but it's worth the money. A P22 is going to run you about 400 bucks plus your tax and background(varies by location). I'm either buying one of those next or a kit to convert my .40 cal glock 22 into a .22 cal.

"Big Country"  "Lonesome postwhor3 #1" "Car Whore Squad Member #2"
SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2012, 05:19:33 PM »

He speaks the truth. 22 ammo is stupid cheap and a decent one with a magazine can hold a good number of rounds. Anyone can shoot it because it doesn't have the kick most people don't like about hand guns. Its a win win.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
exelr8
Veteran

exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.exelr8 is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:58 PM »

My next gun related purchase after my blackhawk xiphos tac-lite is gonna be a .22 conversion kit for my glock. Srsly, I spend 70 bucks on two hundred rounds of .40 cal

SECM Squad #3...kinda
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »

Aside from .50, .40 is up there in cost dude.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2012, 08:06:56 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  Gonna do some shopping around in the next couple weeks.  I never realized how many gun shops there were around my area until I looked them up. 
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 29, 2012, 08:23:56 AM »

I would definitely go with a P22. Just for fun.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:37 AM »

Aside from .50, .40 is up there in cost dude.

You ain't kiddin.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
B.R.03EX

Reputation Power: 4
B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »

I would definitely go with a P22. Just for fun.

I have a P22. Awesome gun. Very fun to shoot. They are a little picky with ammo but I've found that Remington Thunderbolt .22lr runs through it like a champ. Federal and similar cheap ammo seem to jam a little bit but the Thunderbolt ammo is $1 more and doesn't jam at all.

- Bobby
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2012, 11:32:14 AM »

Yeah I've been reading up on them and lots of people complain about it jamming with the cheaper ammo.

Do you guys suggest the 3.42" or 5" barrel?   Looks like it's roughly a $100 difference between the two. 
B.R.03EX

B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2012, 11:44:38 AM »

I have the 3.42" barrel. The 5" is supposedly a lot more accurate but to be honest mine is pretty damn good at 100 yards for a .22 pistol. I put clay pigeons all over the place at the 100 yard range I go to and I can hit them all day long. I liked the shorter barrel over the longer one because it was more compact just in case I wanted to carry it.

If you want the accuracy of the 5" barrel for less money you might want to look at the Ruger 22/45. It doesn't look as good as the P22 but it is way more accurate. A friend of mine has one.

- Bobby
exelr8
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2012, 01:26:56 PM »

I can hit tight groups at 25 yards with the smaller barrel. With .22 ammo as cheap as it is, I always recommend paying a dollar or two more for decent ammo. It's almost like some rounds of the cheaper ammo do not have enough power behind them to push the slide back all the way.

SECM Squad #3...kinda
B.R.03EX

B.R.03EX pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2012, 01:42:19 PM »

It's almost like some rounds of the cheaper ammo do not have enough power behind them to push the slide back all the way.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've noticed too. I think I've put just about every type of .22 ammo you can buy through mine. The Aguila Super Maximum Hyper Velocity (or whatever the fuck its called) shoots pretty well too. Has a little more kick as well.

- Bobby
ikethegreat

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:36 PM »

Seems like half the reviews I read talk about the gun talk about it jamming quite frequently.  I guess my biggest concern is purchasing it in case of an emergency and then having it jam when I need it most.   Although the price of the gun and the price of the ammo are exactly what I was looking for so I might just bite the bullet and take my chances.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »

All this talk makes me want to get a gun. Unfortunately, we ended up selling my dad's AR15. I was pissed when I found out that it got sold, but if I look at it this way, it got me a semester of college.

I still need to go out and see Skippy to get lessons from him.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012