Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:09 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Affordable HID projector retro solution  (Read 5340 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2010, 04:09:58 PM »

HID projectors that bolt right in.

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-Retrofit-fdsh-Projectors/Categories

Cuttoff

Seems like this guy forget to get some decent shrouds, otherwise looks good IMO.

Obviously not as good as an S2k retro, but for the price this looks amazing.

Info and pics from v6p and driveaccord.net

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »

Those are decent especially for the drop in simplicity of them but there's been talks about those projectors on HIDP and the ones you posted are absolute crap and retrosolutions gouges on the price. The ones they are selling are the G1's and not that great. They're equivalent to fog projectors once you put some distance between your car and a flat surface. The G3's from the same manufacturer (not retrosolutions) can be had for less and they are a better projector. Roughly about equal to the e55 projectors found in Mercedes and the Nissan Maxima. There's a thread regarding them here:http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51784 Sorry to burst the bubble.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

Not that great IMHO.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »

Lol I wasn't planning on getting them, but it's just another option for people. Gettting the ones you mentioned Z seems reasonble. I have plans for s2ks. I was thinking inspires for a while but I couldn't justify buying expensive headlights that have inferior light output compared to good quality hid projectors, and flare the wrong way as well.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »

S2K's are awesome projectors. I take it you don't want a bixenon?

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 09:50:50 PM »

See bixenon would be a a nice option, but I wouldn't do it unless I did a quad setup b/c I don't want to render my brights useless and if I do a quad setup, I'm not sure what I would do with my drls, bc they would make the hid in the brights spot flicker and if I disconnect them then I would get a drl light, and I'm too anal to drive around with that, lol. S2k projectors just seem like the right way to go for me, but the thoughts of a quad setup are always lingering, im just not sure how to getrid of the whole drl business.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 09:55:51 PM by Paulius005 » Logged

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:52:10 PM »

Well that was basically just blabbering...

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 11:07:37 PM »

You can use a Bi-Xenon projector and still use your high beam reflector.  You'd have the high beams from your projectors and your OEM reflectors.  Think about that!

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Paulius005

Paulius005 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 02:03:53 AM »

Hmm, thats true for some reason I thought that when one turns the highs on on a bi-xenon projector it require more power, so turning that on with the high beam may fry some wires.Then i looked it up and found out that it just shifts the mechanism in there to let more light escape, so that makes sense.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »

Even if it did require more power, you can always make a wiring harness to get power directly from your battery terminals.  You would also want to wire in a fuse to protect the wires from being damaged.

Tim
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »

I have my e46 projectors wired to flip the shield and the halogen highs to come on whenever I flip the switch. Rather simple thing to do. As for your DRL's pull the fuse and be done with it. If that's not an option, there's a crap ton of threads on HIDP about how people defeat the DRL's in their cars to make it work. We also have our in house automotive electronics guru, Tim, that could help you out if you went that route.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 07:52:06 AM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
See bixenon would be a a nice option, but I wouldn't do it unless I did a quad setup b/c I don't want to render my brights useless and if I do a quad setup, I'm not sure what I would do with my drls, bc they would make the hid in the brights spot flicker and if I disconnect them then I would get a drl light, and I'm too anal to drive around with that, lol. S2k projectors just seem like the right way to go for me, but the thoughts of a quad setup are always lingering, im just not sure how to getrid of the whole drl business.

in the fuse box located under the dash, remove fuse number 15 i believe, that disables the drls but enables a light on your dash. pull your gage cluster and put a small piece of black electrical tape over the drl light. problem solved!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:56 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
Quote from: "Paulius005"

in the fuse box located under the dash, remove fuse number 15 i believe, that disables the drls but enables a light on your dash. pull your gage cluster and put a small piece of black electrical tape over the drl light. problem solved!

TY. I was wondering which fuse it was.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012