Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:51:19 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Power Windows and Battery  (Read 6045 times)
Accord1234

Reputation Power: 1
Accord1234 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2009, 12:34:03 AM »

Last Saturday my car didn't start agian. Not the first time I had to jump start it. Everyones telling me it can't be the battery cause I had just changed it only a year and a half ago. So I jumped it, got it running and put the alternator tester on it. Charging at 14.5v perfect. So I said fuck it, tired of getting stuck so I went to get a sears gold battery. I had one of those optima batteries and was pissed of it went and that it only comes with a 12 month warranty and cost me close to 200 bucks. So I figured the sears with the 3 year warranty is good enough.So I looked at the one for a 05 Accord Ex 4cy and then put the one for an Accord Ex 6cy next to it. The one for the 6cy had way more cold cranking amps and was almost double in size. I figured ahh fuck it the bigger the better. So I bought it, took it and and long behold had to cut the battery tray. Then of couse the tie down rods were to short to reach over. Wound up just throwing the whole battery box and shit away and tieng it down like that. Connect everything, car starts beauitifully. Everything seems fine untill I go to roll down the window. It goes up and down perfect but not automatic anymore. I have to hold it the wholw way down and up. Any ideas why and how to get it to go on its own.
Thanks Tommy
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:09:26 AM »

There is a learning procedure for the auto window feature.  You'll have to hold it down all the way, and then hold it up all the way.  Then it should reset and be working again.

FYI, OPTIMA is not the same quality they used to be, so I would not recommend buying them now.

- Mark
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »

ok,I'll try that. didn't realize it was so simple. Guess I found out about the optima batteries the hard way. Thanks
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 02:20:40 AM »

Wait, is there any alternative to Optima batteries now since you say the company's quality is not what it used to be?

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »

Read this thread for a discussion about which batteries haven't turned to shit like Optima did when they got bought out.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »

That learning procedure only worked for the drivers side. Still can't get the passenger window automatic again. I'll try it again
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 08:30:32 PM »

Quote from: "Accord1234"
That learning procedure only worked for the drivers side. Still can't get the passenger window automatic again. I'll try it again

In my car only the Driver window is auto. Thought all 7th Gens were like that.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 08:32:34 PM »

You have an automatic passenger side window? Interesting. Do you still have the owner's manual for your car? It may say something in there unless you have something aftermarket installed.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 08:36:38 PM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"
Quote from: "Accord1234"

In my car only the Driver window is auto. Thought all 7th Gens were like that.

+1

As far as I know only the driver side is automatic dude!

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Accord1234

Accord1234 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 10:44:31 PM »

Am I loosing it already. I thought the drivers was auto up and down while the passenger was auto down only. If not I must be thinking about another car.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:57:08 PM »

Only the DS window is automatic unless you have a one touch module like the one DEI makes.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »

I knew I wasn't going crazy when he posted both sides being auto.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 10:16:54 PM »

this didnt work at all for me

CM82
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:44:11 PM »

Probably because it only applies to the DS. You didn't try doing the PS as well, right? If that's the case, it won't work.

phunctional

Reputation Power: 0
phunctional pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

if your talkin to me i mean the driver doesnt work either

CM82
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012