Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:26:07 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heater/Air Conditioning help (Problem Solved)  (Read 17467 times)
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »

That sounds like good news if your HVAC are still covered. Definitely take advantage of that shit. Keep us posted.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »

Well I took the ride to Honda this morning and my a/c compressor is good and all but they told me they are not getting a response from the inside controls. A vent is suppose to open when the knob is turned to cold or a/c button is clicked. They can't go any further than that since I took out the "Honda" radio... Sucks so now I will have to figure something out or just stay without a/c. Thank god summer is only 2 months and I really don't ever use the a/c.

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 12:17:35 PM »

Damn that sucks Billy, hope you find out whats wrong with it. Be glad you dont live down here. I was without a/c for a few months, almost killed me.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 01:03:24 PM »

Where is your OEM h/u Billy?  Have you tried testing it with an OEM unit?  I think whoever installed your dual to single climate adapter, fucked things up, which was exacerbated by the chach that stole your stereo.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 01:32:05 PM »

I tried to reinstall the oem h/u already and got nothing, no heat or cold air! So I installed the new Metra Kit. When I originally had the Metra Kit installed 2 years ago everything worked fine up until this past xmas when they stole the after market h/u. Ima try and trouble shoot the harness itself. Im going to search for the harness diagram and see if I can pin point the exact wires that control the unit/vent to open/close. Maybe something in the harness got pulled out or burnt from a short. We will see when I have some time for this. Im not going to stress it cuz otherwise I will have the dash apart trying to figure this out lolz...

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »

I would think that they may have pulled something loose when they broke in. If I remember right they messed shit up pretty good.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 02:25:25 PM »

You're using a new Metra upper dash kit, right?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »

Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
I have the Metra Turbo kit installed

:thumbup:
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 04:36:19 PM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I would think that they may have pulled something loose when they broke in. If I remember right they messed shit up pretty good.
Correctamondo!  :thumbup:

Quote from: "timot_one"
You're using a new Metra upper dash kit, right?
Yes upper and also lower kit as well.

...Well going on my previous post and the weather being so darn nice I pulled apart the center dash and checked the wiring harness from the Metra Kit and the factory harness. I discovered a loose wire that came out from behind the electrical tape where all the wires was taped. I unraveled the electrical tape and saw that 3 more wires were cut in half. I guess from when they pulled the radio out. I reconnected the wires and taped them with electrical tape individually and then as a whole as it was. I reprogrammed the Metra Kit (hold a/c button down for about 8 seconds or until the green light flashes) and presto everything is 100%.

Holla!!! Sometimes you gotta just figure it out yourself... I didn't dig deep enough before cuz it was cold out but with the weather the way it is today I had to take advantage and it paid off.

Thanks to everyone that chimed in on this thread it really helped.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 05:31:29 PM »

Glad to hear it's all set.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 06:59:10 PM »

Glad it worked out Billy.  You did solder or use crimp connectors for those loose wires, right?

Quote from: "slipkord"
Quote from: "CrazyCreashunz"
I have the Metra Turbo kit installed
:thumbup:

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 07:49:11 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Glad it worked out Billy.  You did solder or use crimp connectors for those loose wires, right?

:shifty: uUm no, I have to wait for my brother who has the soldering kit. I will though! Im just so happy everything works...  :grin:

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 10:54:32 PM »

Good man.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012