Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:11:24 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Timmy's K24a2 swap  (Read 56095 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2015, 11:49:11 PM »

It's a little more complex than repinning my ECU harness. I ended up getting my hands on a CAN converter that was made by a company for a very short period of time. This allowed me to use just my kpro ECU and still run my gauges and ac. I just had to repin my ECU harness for the kpro/ep3 ECU.

It's not perfect and there are some minor bugs. It took a bunch of trial and error with the calibration of the board for my specific set up for the speedo to read correctly. In some ways it's easier, but in others it's not.

My hope is that the CAN output on kpro v4 will work with our gauge cluster. The problem is that I won't know until I get it and try it out. Hondata said it doesn't work, but to try it anyway.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
neoryan7

Reputation Power: 1
neoryan7 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2015, 09:22:26 AM »

Good luck with that. I guess your dammed one way or another. I was thinking of just getting a racepak and be done with it Grin
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2015, 09:57:54 AM »

I know someone that works for Haltech that has been trying to get me to make the switch. For me, I'd like to be able to run two sets of injectors, but only have the second set operate during high boost/rpm situations.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2016, 06:43:10 AM »

tim,I get jdm k24a swapped to my accord with control by tsx 08 ecu today, car runs well with a small issue, the water temperature seems higher than a k24a8,the fan triggers frequently with environment temparature 4 to 10 degree, im still running stock radiator, do I need to upgrade it?
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2016, 06:44:29 AM »

tim, the engine is marked as RBB-2 on engine head side.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2016, 08:17:41 AM »

You shouldn't need to upgrade the radiator. I ran a 500 hp supercharged set up on a stock radiator.

They probably didn't bleed the coolant properly. What temperatures are you logging for the engine?

Tim
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »

I didnt check numbers today,No difference from gauge,I just niticed the cooling fan acts not like it being with k24a8, in past days cooling fan had few chances to be triggerred, obviously the fan is so busy today, the upper pipe is too hot to touch,the lower one feels not being cooled enough and its still very hot.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2016, 12:21:16 PM »

I'd check the numbers to be sure. I'm not sure what temp the fans kick in at, but it could be air in the coolant.

Tim
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »

I checked the numbers, the logic is correct,fans trigger at 199F, no over heat till now, it seems 10.5 compression ratio makes more heat then fans work frequently,will keep monitor and prepare next step.

One more question,I dont feel significant improvements on low end torque eve less than k24a8. I saw a8 intake manifold owns a plastic plenum under it,this should be for performance low end, do you have any info fir it, I even thought to swap that stock manifold to this JDM K24a to have a look.
BTW, do you replace your intake/header gasket each time you uninstall them like the service manual required?
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2016, 05:27:14 AM »

Tim, i ve got jdm k24a swap done from stock 07 a8 weeks ago.I dont feel significant change daily drive.Its even a little bit worse on low end and mid range as vtec engage on 6000. I m considering to swap back 07 manifold as there is plenum under manifold for low end torque, But i m not quite sure how much I will gain on loe end and lost on high end?
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2016, 05:28:54 AM »

BTW, do you think 0708 tsxmanifold will gain obviously on low end if swapping?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2016, 10:18:10 AM »

You probably won't notice a huge difference, but it shouldn't be worse. An 07-08 TSX manifold would help. Which manifold are you using.

Do you have an AT? What are you using for tuning?

Tim
bian.yy
Fucking Newb

bian.yy pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2016, 04:55:06 PM »

its stock rbb manifold which i guess a 0405,i have stock DCLA AT on it,maybe i 'm not on correct tuning as I am running stock 08 tsx ecu in my car.will try to get flashpro to let vittune do some work.I live overseas so not sure difficulties for purchasing a 08 rbb manifold.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012