Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:31:10 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detailing on a budget?  (Read 9478 times)
DetailedImage.com

Reputation Power: 1
DetailedImage.com pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 04:03:17 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
Quote from: "DetailedImage.com"
If you want I can post the list here, but I didn't want to make a very commercial looking post unless it was okay with you guys.  

I'd like to see the list and thanks for the advice!

Awesome assuming it's okay with Mike or one of the other mods I'll post it up here.

Greg @ DI
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »

Quote from: "AV6NHBP6SPD"
Greg. i think it would be nice if you carried Collonite stuff. 845 and 915 at least. maybe some metal polished products from them as well. ever tried any of their stuff?
just went outside and tried black wow on mirror covers and wiper holders. looks really good, wi'll see how long it lasts. ill have to check when its not 37 degrees outside

The Collonite stuff is very durable and a quality product.  It's certainly on my list of products to pick up at some point.  We just picked up a few new brands so I have to wait a little while but I'm sure we'll be expanding before the Spring and I appreciate the suggestion.  

The Black Wow is great stuff, keep us posted about your results when you get time.  Take care!

Greg @ DI
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

If you want I can post the list here, but I didn't want to make a very commercial looking post unless it was okay with you guys.  

Awesome assuming it's okay with Mike or one of the other mods I'll post it up here.

Greg @ DI

I personally don't have a problem with it. But like you said, please don't make it too commercial. :thumbup:

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 03:55:51 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"

Greg @ DI

I personally don't have a problem with it. But like you said, please don't make it too commercial. :thumbup:

It may not be appropriate then.  It's essentially a list of products in certain categories (i.e. Best Value Under $5, Under $10, etc) that I feel are a great value.  Each product has about two sentences briefly describing what it does and why it helps maximize your value.  It's essentially the same thing as our Holiday Gift Guide (http://www.detailedimage.com/Top-Products/Best-Gifts/).  Let me know if that would work.  To anyone still interested just let me know and I can PM you with it.  

Greg @ DI
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 08:13:49 AM »

Shoot me a PM with it and I'll bounce it off the other mods.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

I would suggest providing a link to it the information should prove to be valueable to our members.
DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 10:59:22 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
Shoot me a PM with it and I'll bounce it off the other mods.

I'll be sending you a PM in just a few minutes with it.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
I would suggest providing a link to it the information should prove to be valueable to our members.

In short the list is designed to help you find products that work great and are affordable so yes I hope it is valuable to the members.  I don't have a link to the page on our site because I haven't done it yet and we're scheduled to put it up late January.

Greg @ DI
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »

Greg, you have PM.

DetailedImage.com

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2009, 04:28:54 PM »

I just want to thank CrackerTeg for helping me get this post approved.  Here is our list of products I made that I consider to be the best value on high quality products sorted by price.  All of these products can be found on http://www.detailedimage.com and please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Value - Quality products don't have to cost a fortune and we are going to highlight some of the best values on our site. Top quality performance and cost per ounce or cost per number of uses were our focus in selecting these products.  Many of these products can also serve multiple functions without any sacrifices.  Quite simply you are going to get excellent results at a great price with any product on this list.

Best Value Under $5
22oz Spray Bottle - We sell tons of concentrated products that you should dilute and use this spray bottle with.  Very durable, quality sprayer, can't miss product!
4oz Pump Spray - Dilute concentrated products or store your favorite products in this portable bottle.  Very convenient bottle to have around, we recommend you pick up a few.  
DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel - Use this towel to safely remove excess polish, wax, etc. from the paint or for interior cleanings.  It's washable, durable and fantastic to use all over your car or home.
Lake Country Tire Dressing Applicator - Tired of your tire dressing applicator ripping?  Get a super durable applicator that works great and lasts!

Best Value Under $10
Meguiar's Top Inspection - Clean and shine your paint with this quick detailer.  It adds gloss and leaves no streaks behind.
Poorboy's World Spray and Wipe - Use it as a quick detailer or a clay lube.  Spray it on to help clean the surface and it wipes clean every time with no streaks.  Dilute 1:1 for increased value.
303 Cleaner and Spot Remover - Clean your interior dashboard, doors, console, carpets, fabrics and more with just one bottle.  Highly effective interior cleaner that is totally safe.
Lake Country Blue Grout Sponge - Wash your vehicle safely with this two sided grout sponge.  It holds tons of shampoo and is extremely durable.  Get a premium wash mitt at a great price that will last for years!
CG Microfiber Cleaning Detergent - Preserving your microfiber towels is essential to their performance.  Wash them with a microfiber specific detergent.
GS Rain Clear Kit - Two products included.  The Glass Scrub deep clean glass removing watermarks, sap, road grime, etc. The Rain Clear Gel protects the glass and sheets rain for enhanced visibility.  
CG Grime Reaper - Quickly removes all kinds of stubborn road grime.  Powerful degreaser that should be diluted 3:1 for optimal safety and value.  
CG Citrus Wash - Wash your vehicle safely and effectively while removing all the old sealant and wax for a fresh surface.  A must have shampoo for all detailers.

Best Value Under $20
DI Clay Fine Grade Clay Bar - A fine grade bar made by the same manufacturer as Clay Magic and we ensure it's a top quality product.  Cut it in to 4 - 5 smaller pieces for maximum value.  
Dodo Juice Born Slippy - Concentrated clay lube you can dilute 10:1, so you get over 80 ounces of a top quality clay lube.  Dilute it in our 22oz or 4oz spray bottle.  
PBW Natty's Blue - The Natty's Blue is designed for darker colored paints and the results are stunning.  You can get 15 - 25 applications from one jar.
303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner 32oz - Interior cleaner you can dilute 10:1 for optimal value which is over 350 ounces! It helps you safely clean your dashboard, doors, console, carpets, etc.
CG Diablo Wheel Gel 16oz - A premium pH neutral gel wheel cleaner that offers amazing value. Dilute it up to 6:1 and use it safely on ALL wheels to remove really stubborn build ups.  
Maxi Suds II 128oz - 128oz of shampoo at an amazing price!!!  It's a superb value on one of our favorite shampoos.  You only need about 1oz per wash so you can get 128 washes from one bottle.
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner Plus 128oz - Very strong degreaser that can be diluted 10:1, so 1 Gal diluted costs under $2.  Use it to clean the engine bay, wheel wells, trim, exterior and more!
WW MF - Very simply the safest and most effective drying towel we have ever tested.  Paint safe, satin banding, washable, durable and super absorbent.  Every detailer needs one...or two.  
Meg's Wheel Brightener 128oz - Dilute up to 4:1 for over 600 ounces of wheel cleaner.  Very strong cleaner that can quickly remove your worst brake dust, road grime and so much more.  
Optimum Poli-Seal 32oz - Clean, shine and protect your paint all in one step.  It's an amazing value on this quality (AIO) sealant.  Use it on your paint, glass and wheels.

Best Value Under $50
Chemical Guys Luber 128oz - Use it as is or dilute it 1:1 for maximum value.  High quality clay lube helps you use a clay bar safely.  Leaves no residue and wipes totally clean.  
Optimum Opti-Seal 8oz - You only need .5 ounces per coat.  Buff it on and it dries totally clear, no removal.  The shine is outstanding and protection is very durable.  Use it on your paint, glass and wheels.
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash - Remove all the old wax and sealant on the surface with this safe and effective shampoo.  It has tons of suds and great lubricity!
Optimum No Rinse 128oz - Pour 1oz in a bucket with 1 - 2 Gal of water and wash your vehicle safely without needing to rinse it with a hose. Wash faster and easier with the ONR!
Meguiar's Final Inspection 128oz - Get 1 Gal of an awesome quick detailer at a great price.  It can help clean and shine the whole exterior very quickly.
Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze 32oz - This glaze will help hide imperfections and add more gloss to the surface.  It applies with ease and looks awesome!
Blackfire Wet Diamond 16oz - Superior protection that lasts 4 - 6 months.  Looks stunning and applies with ease.  You only need about .75 ounces per coat so you can get 20 applications.  
Meg's Hyperdressing 128oz - Dilute 4:1 for maximum value with this outstanding dressing.  Use it 1:1 for an overly glossy appearance, use it 4:1 for a natural look.  Applies evenly and lasts!
Poorboy's World Natty's Red 8oz - A premium wax at a great price!  Looks outstanding on all colors, applies with ease and has an amazing scent.  One jar should allow for 15 - 25+ applications.
Optimum Car Wax 128oz - If you want a quality liquid wax that you can spray on or wipe on for a quick shine this is it.  Make your car look great in just minutes with this awesome value!
CG Maxi Suds II 128oz - You only need about 1oz per wash so this bottle can last you a very long time.  The shampoo is top notch, tons of suds, great lubricity and it rinses clean.
303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner 128oz - Dilute this product up to 10:1 for maximum value.  Cleans your vinyl, plastic and fabrics quickly and safely.  

Best Value Under $100
Chemical Guys 50/50 - 16oz of this premium wax will last you a very long time.  You can expect about 30 - 45 applications.  Looks great on all colors with solid protection!
303 HTFG 128oz - Protecting your carpets and mats is easy, just mist the 303 HTFG on for strong protection.  It resists moisture, coffee, juice, dirt and other stubborn stains.
M105 128oz - A premium polish that has heavy cutting power to remove deeper swirls but finishes down like a medium polish.  The 1 Gal size offers significant savings on a world class polish.
M205 128oz - Great value on a top notch light cutting polish.  Use it after the M105 or by itself to further reduce the appearance of swirls and restore a deep and vibrant shine!

Best Value Over $100
Porter Cable 7424 - High quality buffer with a 1 yr unlimited warranty and 3 yr parts warranty.  Helps you get better results while using less energy.  Totally safe and highly effective!
Dodo Juice Supernatural 250 wooden panel pot - Stunning clarity, really deep gloss and strong protection.  One jar should get you 20+ applications. The manufacturer offers free refills but you have to pay S/H to UK.
Flex XC 3401 VRG - Remove more swirls in less time!  Very powerful yet totally safe buffer.  Easy to use for first timers.  Comes with a 1yr warranty.
Makita 9227C-X3 - Our favorite and easiest to use rotary buffer that can remove 100% of all surface imperfections.  Top choice of many professional detailers!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

I just want to thank CrackerTeg for helping me get this post approved.
Not a problem. Helping you out helps everyone else here on the forum so its a win-win.

AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »

just got email 15% off and free shipping on orders over $40, coupon code Northeast09. who signed up with thier mailing list supposed to get this email i asume

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012