Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:24:30 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Product Review] - SCG Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner  (Read 3264 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2009, 06:01:19 PM »

Here is my review of Surf City Garage Beyond Steel Wheel Cleaner.  I've been using this product on my wheels and on several cars that I detail.

Packaging: Nice bottle with quality spray nozzle.  Can be refilled and reused.

Ease of Use: Very easy product to use.  Simply spray on a cool wheel and tire, let sit for a minute, lightly agitate wheel with soft brush or MF towel, rinse wheel with hose.  Packaging says you only need to spray on, wait, rinse...this is BS.

Effectiveness: This product is a great cleaner.  It will clean the dirtiest of wheels back to like-new shine.

Here are some before and after pics on a 2006 Mini I detailed.  These wheels were probably the worst I have ever seen.

Before:

After:

Overall Rating: 9/10
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »

I have used this product and it is pretty good. I have found that the absolute best wheel cleaner is P21s wheel cleaner or wheel gel. It is PH balanced, you can literally leave it on your wheels for over an hour if needed for more dwell time to remove dirt. You do not need to leave it that long either. I find that coating the wheels with P21s and then giving about 10 minutes of dwell time with a little agitation with a wheel brush or lug brush and everything rinses right off. If you like the SCG stuff, you should love P21s.
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »

Quote from: "skizot"
I have used this product and it is pretty good. I have found that the absolute best wheel cleaner is P21s wheel cleaner or wheel gel. It is PH balanced, you can literally leave it on your wheels for over an hour if needed for more dwell time to remove dirt. You do not need to leave it that long either. I find that coating the wheels with P21s and then giving about 10 minutes of dwell time with a little agitation with a wheel brush or lug brush and everything rinses right off. If you like the SCG stuff, you should love P21s.

I have not tried P21s, but I have heard good things about it.  The only thing keeping me from trying P21s is the price.  At $40 for 60oz, P21s is almost twice the price for the same amount (66oz) of Beyond Steel.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »

i guess you guys didnt try CG diablo? i didnt yet but heard good things. didnt find dirty wheels yet

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

I was unaware of CG Diablo.  I did some reading about it....looks like a good product if diluted at higher concentrations (1:1, 3:1).  A little pricey at $65 a gallon. I will be trying PB Spray and Rinse as my next wheel cleaner.
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »

its hard to say cost of product. if you dont have to use as much as other product then maybe its more cost effective

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
clapton924

clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »

Good point.  Personally, I use a fair amount of cleaner when I do wheels.  I like to really saturate the wheel surface.  I'd say I use almost 10oz per set of 4 wheels.  

I just read that PB Spray and Rinse is pretty acidic...might be too caustic for regular cleaning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012