Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:20:01 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Front Brake Change  (Read 18716 times)
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2011, 10:18:38 PM »

I went with the Legend GS calipers and rotors. I decided not to do the v6 6MT brackets and rotors because I was afraid it wouldn't fit due to other things and whatnot. Overall I satisfied with the outcome. However, lately it seems like the braking power has declined a bit. I wonder if there is air in the lines or something.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 07:21:11 PM »

well bleed them....check the fluid first though, it may just be low if you hadn't topped it off completely after doing the swap.  glad you did it.  it's easy enough, and a great upgrade

Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
SilverAccords06n12 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 06:06:09 AM »

I know this is an old post, but I am interested and have a few questions.  First, is there another place I can find similar instructions with the pictures still available?  Is the Acura Legend GS caliper swap still the preferred affordable upgrade?  Would anyone suggest anything different, or  be able to recommend a pretty decent, affordable set of rotors and pads?  I see the word coupe thrown around a lot here, so I am going to assume the rotors are a different size?  For the record I have a 2006 Lx sedan which I am pretty sure has drum brakes in the rear.  I also have those snazzy (ha) snap on honda hubcaps on my stock rusty rims.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 07:46:53 AM »

A lot of people use the RL calipers (mounting bracket required though).  Beefier than the Legend calipers but more expensive as well. 
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012