Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:36:36 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: k24a4//k24a2???  (Read 11417 times)
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 12:45:34 PM »

no need to press the submit button multiple times. haha.

the s200 pistons and tsx rods are not a perfect combo, the tsx rods would need to be machined to properly fit with the s2000 pistons and even though the pistons have 11.1 compression, that wont be the case when used in a k block.

keep it simple and use tsx pistons and mil the head to raise compression, just make sure you dont have valve to piston contact.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
macanic

Reputation Power: 0
macanic pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »

yea but all you have to do to make them fit together is to mill a little off the top of the tsx rods. all you have to do is weigh and balance the rod. but one of the clutch masters cars used to run f20 pistons and made 13.2.1 compretion.
but milling the head is not keeping it simple thats just as hard to get done or harder.
here read this:http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43299&highlight=s2000+pistons

-CORY- MDVACM #18
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »

i spent numerous hours reading on k20 before coming to decision on how i was going to plan my build. any combination of parts is going to require some form of custom work its just a matter of what is easiest and most reliable. i believe that using all k parts will be more reliable than mixing different parts from different series of engines.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
macanic

Reputation Power: 0
macanic pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »

i have too. if f20 pistons work and work great in a k24 motor and f22 pistons fit and work it shouldnt be a problem. it is a little bit of work. but should be fine. im not saying for this guy to do it, it was an idea. but im doing it. but why is it unreliable to use other parts from something else that may work. there is a guy on there that is goin to use k20 pistons in a j series. you can mix and match parts and work great or better the others.

-CORY- MDVACM #18
Icebox

Icebox pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 02:46:12 PM »

i just have the belief that it is not as reliable, but to each his own.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 03:45:40 PM »

I'd just use aftermarket pistons to get the compression ratio you want.  OEM parts are good, but you have more options when you start looking at aftermarket parts.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 12:39:05 PM »

and if you are going to swap the head ur going to need a k20a2 oil pump,chain,tentioner.

I know this is an old post, but I just caught this as I was reading through the thread again.  This information is not entirely correct.  You definitely do not need the K20 oil pump.  It is however a good suggestion if you're planning on raising the redline.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »

How good of you to realize you're bringing this thread back from the dead Tim.  Cheesy

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 03:28:49 PM »

That's how I roll. 

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012