Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 12:24:35 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 148361 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: April 11, 2011, 11:03:05 PM »

Circuit diagrams don't lie.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #286 on: April 11, 2011, 11:04:12 PM »

Circuit diagrams don't lie.
laugh

....they confusing though exclaim

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: April 11, 2011, 11:59:43 PM »

Not if you understand DC electronics.  That's a very basic diagram.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 16, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »

what i did on my 7.5 is wired a switch between to of the wires that feed into the oem switch so i could control if the city lights were active or not(for legal reason). cant remeber what colors the wires were but i will check and get back to ya.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: April 16, 2011, 07:04:17 PM »

That's a pretty good idea too.

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2011, 09:28:12 PM »

So just to clarify...

If you want your fogs on independently then all you need to do is follow the instructions as per Honda on wiring them up under the hood and in the cabin. The only thing you will do different is cut the blue wire from the harness to the dash switch. Now you take the blue wire that is hanging from the switch and connect it to a 12v source (I used the cigarette 12v source cuz it only goes on when the car is on. Some people choose the ignition wire but I didn't wanna go that route!) Now you just tape the end of the other side of the blue wire you just cut leading to the cabin harness and your done!

MY relays came in and they are working fine with just the use of the switch.

Thank you Tim for your expertise on the subject, it really helped out alot!  Smiley Wink Grin

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 16, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »

I'm glad it worked out for you Billy.  I guess it goes to show that I actually know what I'm talking about.  Wink

Tim
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: April 16, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »

I'm glad it worked out for you Billy.  I guess it goes to show that I actually know what I'm talking about.  Wink

Yessiirrr!  Wink

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 18, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »

so i checked the wires....the blue and the red wires are bridged together with a switch so i can control them but if you want a permanent solution then just simply splice the two together.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Lu Mcfly

Reputation Power: 0
Lu Mcfly pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2011, 02:08:30 PM »

Sorry for the long post but before i take it to an electrician to do it for me i rather give it one last shot.  For some reason i cant figure out what im doing wrong when i wired up my fogs yesterday.  I dont know enough about electronics to do it myself from scratch so what i did was i tried replacing the harness that came with the new fogs with the one i already have in place (stupid move) since i had inspire fogs before but then realized that for some reason its not compatible with hids only with the oem lightbulbs.  So i took the new harness out and put the old on back in but now i cant remember the full wiring and the now nothing works.  the foglight switch inside doesnt even turn on anymore.  Tried several things and nothing works.  Can anybody help?
Thanks

Mr. HFP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2011, 09:41:58 PM »

Lu, I'm going to start off by suggesting that you read all of the forum rules before creating any new threads, and adjust your sig accordingly.  Second, you haven't really provided much information about the wiring harnesses that you're using.  I have no clue what kind of harness was used.  Was it OEM, is it aftermarket?  If you're going from OEM fogs to Inspires, the wiring harness is identical as long as it's OEM or an OEM style harness.  If you're using some knock off aftermarket harness, then I have no idea who made it or how it's configured.

With the right information, we can help you work through it.  I would recommend that if you do not have an OEM wiring harness, get one.  That way we know what you have and how it's supposed to be wired up.

Tim
Lu Mcfly

Lu Mcfly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 16, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »

okay Tim sig was fixed once i read the rules.  Thanks...As far as the details i don't have much...all i know is that i used the original harness the fogs came with which were aftermarket but its time to change them so im going to buy the OEM harness and parts i need and ill be back.

Mr. HFP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2011, 09:02:31 PM »

But your previous working harness was for a set of OEM replicas, or just aftermarket fogs?

Tim
Lu Mcfly

Lu Mcfly pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2011, 11:14:39 PM »

It was aftermarket i believe because they came with the inspire fogs.  My car was never equipped with fogs when i got it.  I have the OEM switch though that's about it.  Everything else was modified.

Mr. HFP
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: May 18, 2011, 12:10:05 AM »

It may be a good idea to start fresh with an OEM harness.  That way you know what you're getting and know that it's not some hack job.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012