Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 03:15:32 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Only Fog Light Thread You Should Ever Post In  (Read 153414 times)
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »

i have mine wired to parking lights. i just have to remember to press them OFF when i get out to arm my car otherwise they flash. i think driving with just the fogs on might look weird but to each his own

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
Slammedk24

Reputation Power: 1
Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Well, you could turn your fog lights off when you get out of your car.  Then they won't flash when you lock and unlock your car.  You could also wire them independently so they turn on and off only with the fog light switch when your car is running, regardless of your parking lights and headlights being on and off.

Read this thread:

Fogs as DRL

That sounds easy enough.  But I thought on the old DIY someone did they cut the blue wire and then spiced to another wire in the harness instead of splicing it to a wire on the ignition.  Also would this make a difference being that I dont DRLs?

Tory
"Low and Slow"
Slammedk24

Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »

Quote from: "rich"
i have mine wired to parking lights. i just have to remember to press them OFF when i get out to arm my car otherwise they flash. i think driving with just the fogs on might look weird but to each his own

I dont plan on driving at night with just my fogs on because yes it would look a little weird, its more just a parking lot thing or like sunset and sunrise

Tory
"Low and Slow"
rich

rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »

you wire it to i think the red with black stripe wire (parking light wire) if i remember correctly. maybe try looking for the DIY on v6p?

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 12:11:08 PM »

Rich is correct.  To have your fog lights turn on with your parking lights, on the switch harness in your dash, you would splice the blue wire into the red/black wire.  If you did that, you wouldn't have to connect the red/green and white/green wires in your under hood relay/fuse box.  If you wanted your fog lights to turn on independent of your parking lights, but only when your car is running, you would have to connect the blue wire in the switch harness to the Ignition wire (black/yellow), Accessory wire (black/red), or 2nd Accessory wire (white/red).  I haven't put a meter to the Accessory or 2nd Accessory, so I'm not sure how those act, but I do know that the Ignition wire is hot when your car is running.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 12:35:58 AM »

I'll post up a DIY next weekend and test the accessory wire for verification

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 12:39:59 AM »

Don't worry man.  It looks like I will be doing a fog light install on Ben's coupe this weekend.  I'll make sure to test all of the wires to let you know how it acts.  Most likely, it will be hot in position I (acc) and II (run).

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
rocketstarter

Reputation Power: 3
rocketstarter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 12:52:00 AM »

sounds good. I guess I'll just wire mine up to the ignition harness like I originally planned. Thanks for all the info in this thread Tim

“I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup.”

S60R NO MO

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 2 K
Slammedk24

Slammedk24 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 10:57:18 AM »

thanks, that pretty much sums up my questions

Tory
"Low and Slow"
Anthony212

Reputation Power: 2
Anthony212 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »

If I drop the bumper and look behind will there be an indication on where to drill? Like so kind of puncture?

mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 02:26:29 AM »

So the last time I bought fogs on ebay, they came in with wrong wiring harness, brackets, and no screws (basically just the lamps....)...

i know the ebay stuff is hit and miss, so i was wondering if anyone here had purchased some ebay fogs that came with all the correct stuff, and if so, if you can give me the sellers name

Thanks,
Sam

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Fenix

Fenix pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2009, 09:10:51 AM »

well to piggy back on this thread, id like to get just the lamps. So if you know anyone like that, or have them please let me know

Quote from: timot_one
I'll let you guys know that I can only tolerate so much douchebaggery
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »

Here is the thread over at v6p with pictures if you still have any doubts:

http://v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97617
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »

No.  That's why the instructions come with a template of where you need to cut out.

Tim
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »

I can go back to some of the older sellers I purchased fog lights from on eBay.  As far as the harness goes, I would just get an OEM harness from the dealership.  I installed Ben's harness a few days ago and it was just a big guessing game since none of the wires matched the OEM wiring diagram.  That made it really hard to modify.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012