Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:19:20 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hella supertones  (Read 8208 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 01:02:57 PM »

The install isn't that hard, but it does require a basic understanding of DC circuits and wiring and how relays work.  It all depends on your level of knowledge and experience.  For some people, it's cake, for others, it's hard as fuck.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:00 PM »

Ahh okay.  I would probably fall into the "hard as fuck" category.
stirfriedferret

Reputation Power: 2
stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 03:28:35 PM »

Reviving this dead thread;
If anyone is interested, I just received my Hella Supertones horns in the mail.  I got the dual horn setup.  It's rated at 118dB, as stated above.  I'll make a before and after video and maybe a DIY.  I'll keep you guys posted.

sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

I am interested, do it!

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »

Are you confident enough in your abilities to do some soldering?  If not, you can just crimp it.  I did everything already, forgot to take pictures, but its pretty straight forward and I can wing it for the instructions.  As for comparison, I'll meet up with a friend and make a video just for comparison.  Won't do it much justice though.  It's a nice, loud, commanding tone.  I like it.  Just let me know what you need to know.

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »

Thanks for reviving the thread. I totally forgot about this as other things came up. I'd love to hear a comparison.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »

so where is the comparison vid? 

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 09:37:15 PM »

How hard is this to install for a simpleton like myself?

hmm, their install guide isn't loading for me, but I'm willing to bet it's as simple as removing your old horns and using the 12v connection for these new horns. The only other part would be mounting them which should be too hard

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
stirfriedferret

stirfriedferret pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:12 AM »

I'll get a comparison vid up soon.  

As for wiring, the stock horns ground themselves with the mounting screw.  To wire them up, you can cut off the stock connector for power and solder on extra wire and crimp on a female blade connector on the end.  Hook that up to positive on the horn.  And for negative, I crimped a female blade connector on one end for the horn side and on the other end of the wire I used a ring connector and used the hood latch bolts as ground.  It worked well and is still working to this day.  

For mounting you can just use your stock mounting point and hardware.  It's VERY straight forward.

Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012