Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 08:14:42 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Details(S600, STI, 1962 Jaguar, Ferrari)  (Read 7713 times)
AV6NHBP6SPD

Reputation Power: 21
AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?AV6NHBP6SPD who is this guy?
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile WWW
« on: October 10, 2009, 09:47:30 AM »

i did not do complete detail, just did paint correction on part of the car (both cars i did driver half, not sure why driver lol)

my friend asked me to help him detail S600 yesterday couse he needed it back to customer today.
owners "friend" did """"DETAIL"""" on it before, i think he used sand paper on it to say the least.
after we were done with car it was in almost great shape (deff a hole lot better then before) except for RDS which would have needed a lot more time then we had and owner was fine with it.
ill post pics when my friend posts them
car is black by the way

i used menz 203 with orange pad (damn mers hard clear coat), then went over with rd85 on top and forgot what sealant he used.

Paint Before Pictures:

A few 50/50 shots:

2pics of my work, we didnt do driver side that i did due to time constrains, so only trunk pics after first path

Paint After Pictures:

A Few Reflection Shots:

The Finished Car:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:41:33 AM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
http://www.detailedimage.com/wax.php?id=10288&url=detailedimage.com
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 06:37:17 PM »

did paint correction on driver half of the car, need to take my camera to next detail and try to get better pics
also had to wet sand scrape on driver side fender

Quote from: Oakes;1539179
A corrective detail on a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, in Dark Gray Metallic. I have to say, this body style has really grown on me and this specific STi really sealed the deal with it's perfect color combo. As you can see, the car wasn't in desperate need but definitely was able to benefit from the detail as well as removing a pretty rough scrape on the front fender. I unfortunately didn't snap any pics before wet sanding and polishing it. However, I did take plenty of 50/50 shots of both mine, and Mikhael's work. Whom I must thank again for helping me on this STi and the S600 I recently did.

Process:
Menzerna 203 - Orange/Green pads
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - Black pad
Collinite's No. 845 Insulator wax

Wheels Before

Wheels After

Engine bay After photos, no before shots, but it was more dusty than dirty:

A few before photos of the paint, put more focus into the 50/50 photos as you will see:

Onto the 50/50 shots:

A few post correction photos:

Now for the juicy reflection photos, I really, really LOVE this color.

Full Profile photos of the finished vehicle:

I hope you all enjoyed the photos, thanks for looking! Please feel free to comment!

-Oakes
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 09:00:06 AM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 10:32:53 PM »

Great transformation!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:04:40 PM »

That looks great! I wish I had the balls to polish my car but with my paint, there is no way. Did you get to drive it? We used to have a S550 and it was a monster, I can only imagine what that is like. They are beautiful cars but are so expensive to maintain, Lexus ftw.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
skizot

Reputation Power: 5
skizot pfffft.
Trade Count: (7)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

Good job! I know how much work goes into that, especially as I just redid the entire front end of the Porsche this morning, prepping it for a clear bra install this week.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 08:36:32 AM »

here is finished product.
Quote from: Oakes;1557039
A restorative detail of a 1962 Jaguar 3.8 Automatic MK 2, in British Racing Green. However, this isn't just any green paint, this is original spec Lacquer paint that was applied when the vehicle was completely restored in the mid/early 90's. This car was being prepped for sale by the owner and needed to look ready to go, including removal of the paw prints that were left on the hood by a cat probably some point during or after the paint process. They were removed through wet sanding and heavy polishing. This lacquer paint is incredibly hard compared to your typical base/clear coats, so it required quite a bit of work.

Over the course of a week, this Jag was overhauled from top to bottom, almost a day spent on the wheels alone! Refinishing of the extensive chrome throughout the car and reviving the paint to flawless condition. I would like to thank Mikhael (04AV6 6SPD) for his assistance and incredible attention to detail on this job, simply put, I couldn't have done it without him.

Process:
Menzerna Power Gloss - Purple Wool
Menzerna 203 - Yellow
Menzerna PO85RD - Green
P21S Paintwork Cleanser
Blackfire Black Diamond - Blue
Pure Carnuaba Wax

Some photos after the vehicle arrived, it had rained during it's drive over, it is a garaged vehicle and the owner doesn't store it in this shape. So it appears dirtier than it would normally be, but none-the-less.

While the car was extremely clean and sheltered well, the paint was in dire need of a proper correction, the following photos will clearly show this:

The 50/50 photos seem to be the crowd favorites, so we took a few good ones to really show the difference in the correction on this lacquer paint.

A half corrected photo, the rear door corrected, front door uncorrected. The difference is clear.

Corrected Paint photos

These 72 spoke wheels, a mixture of chrome and stainless steel, were very tedious to bring back to life. The chrome suffered a lot of pitting and fading, however after a degrease, they were polished with P21S metal polishing soap, then followed up with P21S Finish Restorer.

The wheels after the above process:

A few quick snaps of the engine bay, showing off the 3.8L straight 6

A few quick snaps of the interior all cleaned up, with REAL wood, specifically walnut over mahogany if my memory serves me correctly.

The reflection photos show the gloss that we were able to bring back to this paint, giving it a mirror like sheen all around.

She looked a little more aggressive all polished up Smiley

I'd like to think this is how it looked when she rolled off the factory floor back in 1962.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:10:10 PM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »

looks great!  based on the subject of the thread i thought it was a honda s600, you had me excited!

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 09:04:54 AM »

today me and Nick started detailing 1994 Ferrari 348 spider

Quote from: Oakes;1560363
I present you, a full detail of a 1995 Ferrari 348 Spider in Rosso Red. This car is a recent purchase of the owner, but not his first Ferrari, and he wanted to get it into top shape. I started out detailing exotics for Aston Martin and have worked on a handful of Ferrari's, so this wasn't new territory for myself.

The owner was referred to me by a previous customer - if you all remember the 609 hp Evo I detailed, Good Vibes Autosport. The goal for his car was to get it looking new again, from front the back, every nook and cranny looked over and taken care of. The previous owner didn't take the best care of the car, a lot of dried up wax was found in crevices and the car just wasn't cared for well enough.

Unfortunately, this morning as I went through the pictures, I realized that I forgot to snap some after photos of the interior, which I'm very bummed about. I will see if I can get some from the owner.

Over the course of 4 days, myself and Mikhael went over this car from top to bottom with the following processes.

Exterior:

Full wash/degrease - Poorboy's Citrus Autowash
Swissvax Paint Rubber
Menzerna 203 - LC and Uber Orange pads
Menzerna PO85RD - LC and Uber Green pads
P21S Paint Cleanser - P21S soft sponge
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - LC Blue pads
DoDo Juice Supernatural - Hand applied

Interior:
All leather treated with Leatherique Pristine clean and Rejuevenator Oil
All plastics cleaned and then treated with 303 Aerospace Protectant
All glass cleaned and treated with rain-x
Swissvax detail brushes used on all crevices

Wheels:
Full degrease/wash
Menzerna Final Polish II - white pad
Poorboy's Wheel sealant

Convertible top:
Cleaned and treated with Raggtop Fabric cleaner and protectant

Now onto the pics of the process!

Engine bay before/after

Cleaning it up with my favorite detail brush

After

You can see some residue/glue on the pedal guard in this photo

Residue removed and shined up

A little shot of the garage while I was working the interior

Here is a difference photo in the tail lights that were polished and sealed, you can see the defects in the before photo that appears to be a "haze"

These photos are of the paint after the wash/prep. As you can see, it was in need of a proper correction.

Grabbed a few 50/50 shots of the correction, everyones favorite.

The door is uncorrected, the rear quarter is corrected in these photos

Here is a correction difference from the engine cover and the quarter panel

Now for the corrected paint photos

This is a picture of Mikhael in the reflection of the hood, under no light, I feel this really shows the gloss and depth that is possible with Rosso Red Ferrari paint.

Reflection photos of the Rosso Red paint.

These photos are the finished vehicle outside, I missed the direct sunlight unfortunately.

A quick snap before she pulled out to go home

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:50:39 AM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »

damn, nice work for sure.  if you dont mind me asking what do you guys typically charge for a full boat detail (engine and all) like for the STi?

J u s t i n
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »

reserved for other details
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 04:23:35 PM by AV6NHBP6SPD » Logged

Misha
jobata23

Reputation Power: 3
jobata23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 02:34:13 AM »

wow impressive man, a lot of work but its all worth it

Mark
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 01:37:44 PM »

updated

Misha
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2009, 07:46:08 AM »

jaguar pics updated. Ferrari first pics posted

Misha
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2009, 09:26:58 AM »

Amazing work on that Jag. The difference is night and day.
AV6NHBP6SPD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:36 AM »

more ferrari pics up. ill post rest when Nick uploads them

Misha
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012