Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:39:44 AM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magnetic Drain Plug  (Read 10560 times)
rafaeljose73

Reputation Power: 0
rafaeljose73 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:04:10 PM »

Found this on ebay. Claims all the metal particles will stay into the plug, extending the oil life. Too good to be true, correct?

See the plug

DD: 06 Accord EX-L V6 6MT Alabaster Silver
WW: 09 Pilot EX-L w/ RES Sterling Grey Metallic 2WD
suleman_manji

Reputation Power: 3
suleman_manji pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 03:18:03 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if it did work since the tranny drain plugs are already magnetic.

Although it does seem a bit longer than the OEM plug.

TXCM Squad #2 | Profile | flickr | fb
[img]http:
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

I saw this also, I believe that long sticking out is the magnet with enough room for the metal particles to hang on to. Not sure if it will extend the life of the oil, but maybe the life of the engine being that those metal particles are out of the equation.

Rich
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »

i ono what if the magnetic just flies off? I don't really trust the ebay magnet unless someone can prove me other wise.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »

I would think that they are one component, and that the magnet isn't just flying around inside the plug. Who's going to bite? I think it'd work but I don't feel like paying $12 for this.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 07:30:25 PM »

They don't hurt to use, but get a name brand instead of eBay.  Then you know the magnet will actually be somewhat decent.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CheaperIsBetter
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CheaperIsBetter pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:58:57 PM »

I didn't see anyone else say they have this so I thought I'd tell you about mine.

***The plug I got had a shorter magnet on it than the one pictured which is comparable to the one I got for the tranny.

Got a set of skunk2 magnetic oil and tranny filter plugs $26-32$ shipped

at 96,000mi and on the first oil change (5,000) since I put the oil plug in the was a noticeable build up (2mm) of shavings on the tip. 

Havent used the tranny plug yet but will next flush.  That's already magnetic though; should be the same deal.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:35 PM »

I don't think the OEM tranny drain plug on the MT is magnetic.  However, there is a magnet inside the MT for the metal shavings.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 02:09:56 AM »

I don't think the OEM tranny drain plug on the MT is magnetic.  However, there is a magnet inside the MT for the metal shavings.

Is the magnet accessible so that it can be cleaned periodically?

Oh yeah, I'm back fuckers.   Flippa!

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:06 AM »

It's accessible if you pull the tranny out and take it apart.

Tim
Milan

Milan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 04:38:18 PM »

It's accessible if you pull the tranny out and take it apart.

Awesome, I think I'll do that on my piss break next time I'm bored. 

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
cotton617
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
cotton617 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »

They don't hurt to use, but get a name brand instead of eBay.  Then you know the magnet will actually be somewhat decent.

Yeah you gotta be real careful with eBay parts...especially when they are engine components.  PWJDM makes these magnetic plugs but they are currently out of stock...

*EDIT* The oil & tranny plug combo pack is out of stock but the oil plug is in stock.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 06:38:05 PM by cotton617 » Logged
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »

Really dude three years later... It's good info but, the thread has been dead for a long time
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2012, 11:32:45 AM »

Leave the guy alone Mike. I completely forgot about this thread until he posted in it. Anyway, that's what new members do. They go through and read all the older threads and post in them. At least he's not posting new threads on old topics.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »

I guess...
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012