Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:24:09 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the Tips for my V6 6spd accord. *updated 10/09/09  (Read 11870 times)
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:14:49 PM »

I am going to check out an accord tomorrow. I was wondering do you guys have any thing that I should look for. The car has 61k and I had it carfaxed already. Clean title and 2 owners. Never left california. So what else should I check for? This is my first MT so i am like uhhh.

*updated* I been driving it around for 2 weeks now. Getting better at it. Still have a hard time in first gear, but I am not stalling anymore / or as much as the first day I got it.

Here some quick pix I snapped of my new baby. I am still trying to think of a name that would fit it. I am calling it Lugia *from pokemon* temporary since it was soo hard to find this 4dr accord v6 6spd in this color. Also the car is very powerful compared to my other accord.

my sad looking shifter knob...  :cry:  Still waiting for law sue money to come in. I want the skunk2 shift knob.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:19:45 AM by thisaznboi88 » Logged

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »

Clutch click, third gear grind (there was a TSB, so you could check if that was performed), and then the normal stuff.. repairs, maintenance, etc.. remember, not everything shows up on carfax..

- Mark
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 11:04:43 PM »

Quote from: "alpha"
Clutch click, third gear grind (there was a TSB, so you could check if that was performed), and then the normal stuff.. repairs, maintenance, etc.. remember, not everything shows up on carfax..

+1 they might have also replaced or rebuilt the transmission so look into this also. It is also normal for the clutch to be high (you have to almost take your foot off the pedal for it to move).

Rich
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 02:09:32 AM »

Always look, and make sure all the gaps in the body are even. This is one of the best ways to tell if there car has had body work done. Also, CARFAX CARFAX CARFAX!!!!
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 02:34:39 AM »

Thanks I didn't know that.
Quote from: "Rich01"

+1 they might have also replaced or rebuilt the transmission so look into this also. It is also normal for the clutch to be high (you have to almost take your foot off the pedal for it to move).

I will looking into that

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Always look, and make sure all the gaps in the body are even. This is one of the best ways to tell if there car has had body work done. Also, CARFAX CARFAX CARFAX!!!!

I will check it extra carefully and I already ran the carfax.

rafaeljose73

Reputation Power: 0
rafaeljose73 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 06:18:33 AM »

Quote from: "Rich01"

Mine is lower, like 2 inches from the floor, since I got the car. Can be both...

DD: 06 Accord EX-L V6 6MT Alabaster Silver
WW: 09 Pilot EX-L w/ RES Sterling Grey Metallic 2WD
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 12:43:44 PM »

The clutch freeplay is adjustable guys.  It seems that everyone else has already pointed out the common issues found with the V6 Accords already.  Keep a close eye on that stuff, and if you can, take it to a mechanic that you trust to inspect it for anything that didn't show up on the carfax report.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »

my uncle works at honda so I will have it check out. The car when he bought it was certified by honda and has warranty. I was wondering if that is transferable. He is asking 12,900 + sale tax.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

what year are you looking at?

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 02:57:25 AM »

2006. I take delivery this saturday. buying it for 12,900 it has only 61k and it is a honda certified car so warranty till 2013 or 110k which ever one comes first. I just need to fill out the warranty transfer card.

v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:39:32 AM »

is this a trade or addition to the famiglia?

the 6 speeds have a pretty tight clutch - which is great but takes a bit of getting used to.  about 99% of the people that have driven my car have stalled it the first go around.

J u s t i n
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 12:36:35 PM »

no trade this is my replacement car after the accident. So just straight up cash. We setting up the payment through the bank. his going to come down and we are both going to the bank together.

Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 02:36:36 PM »

Quote from: "thisaznboi88"
no trade this is my replacement car after the accident. So just straight up cash. We setting up the payment through the bank. his going to come down and we are both going to the bank together.

nice replacement, i bet your glad you got rear-ended now.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »

Congrats!!! Glad we are keeping you in the CM family.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 08:18:22 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"

nice replacement, i bet your glad you got rear-ended now.

LOL not really. I am soo behind in school now since I have to take time off to go see a chiropractor. And my back is not the same anymore.

Quote from: "lavalleemike"

Congrats!!! Glad we are keeping you in the CM family.

Yup. I love the Accord its really safe. I have more picture of the accident that I will post up from the accident site.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012