Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:50:03 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EX Head Unit  (Read 3399 times)
Moe

Reputation Power: 0
Moe pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2008, 04:32:54 PM »

I have a 2004 LX coupe and I would like to upgrade the head unit but I don't like how it looks with the adapter or the radio in the bottom storage compartment. Is it possible to swap the stock one with the 6 CD model from the EX?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 10:32:38 AM »

Yes.  You can swap the single climate/single disc h/u for a single climate/6 disc h/u without any modification.  You can swap in a dual climate/6 disc h/u if you modify the wiring harness.

Keep in mind that there are 4 different h/u's that were available for the Accord.  The EX came with both a single climate and dual climate 6 disc h/u.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:59:36 PM »

The single climate came in the base EX 4 cyl. or which one?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 11:49:17 PM »

Not really sure which one it came in.  All I know is that I've been in 2 people's EX K24 Sedan's that came with the single climate 6 disc h/u.  When it comes down to it, whatever car is came from doesn't really matter.  As long as you have a working single climate 6 disc h/u, you're golden.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Moe

Moe pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39:22 PM »

OK, I guess I'll look on ebay or something for it. Thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012