Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:43:50 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AEM v2 Install Help  (Read 6719 times)
Antoni0_23

Reputation Power: 2
Antoni0_23 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »

Hi guys. As most of you know I received my v2 a few days ago and now I have time to install it. I really want to do this mod myself since it's the first engine mod and I'd like to know how to do things myself. I know that the instructions provided are very clear but I have a few doubts. I lack a full lifter, I only have a car jack with the towers and I don't think I can get my car pretty high with just that, also I've never removed the inner fender liner or the bumper and I was reading Skizot AEM FAQ and it seems that removing the bumper would make the install easier and I wanted to do this too because I want to relocate my HID Ballasts but I don't know how to remove it or how to put it back. Also it says to drain approx. 1 gallon of coolant. Where is the drain bolt for this located? Thanks and sorry for the noob questions but I really want to make this mod myself and to gain a little bit of knowledge disassembling my car.  :lol:
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 01:10:06 PM »

Drian for the coolant is along the bottom of the radiator.

The removal of the bumper is not difficult at all I was aprehensive the first but, took it off and reinstalled with no problems. Start at the grill, and work your way down.
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »

When i took my bumper off, i took a small flathead screwdriver and got the plastic clips out from under the headlights. Everything else goes downhill from there.

Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »

Where do I reach the drain  on the bottom of the radiator? What socket # is it or do you turn it by hand. Any pointers? I already removed all and am stuck in the process of the coolant draining. Please Help ASAP
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »

NVM I already got it. Will update as I progress
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 03:50:14 PM »

Well I installed everything but the seller left out two parts.

The hex head plug and O-Ring and the 1/2" Hose. Could these be found in Home Depot or at any autoparts store? It's the only thing missing everything else went great.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 04:33:01 PM »

Benefit of having a 'Ram Air Intake' 10 minutes and your done. Sorry you had trouble with the V2, I'm sure it'll be worth it though.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 05:27:06 PM »

Doesn't anyone know if that hex screw could be replaced with a regular m12 x 1.5 screw with a 2mm washer ?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »

I wish I could answer your question. Which screw are you talking about? Is it one that holds it down? I'm sure if its something threaded, you just need to find the appropriate substitute.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 10:22:55 PM »

I think he's speaking about a plug for a sensor hole if I'm not mistaken?

Hose could be found at any parts store.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 11:17:33 PM »

It is the plug for the sensor hole. So the hose I can find it at autozone, advanced auto parts or Pepboys? That hex screw is really hard to find . I went to a few places and they have 12m x 1.75 and up but no M12 x 1.50. Do you guys know if it needs to be the hex plug or could it be another type of bolt with the same specs 12m x 1.75 with the 2mm washer? Could someone picture their hex so I can see more or less what I need to be looking out for? These are the only two things I need to finish the install. Everything else is flawless and was pretty easy.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 12:09:21 AM »

I don't have a V2 or I would be glad to help you out. You can get a piece of hose anywhere.
Antoni0_23

Antoni0_23 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 12:39:51 AM »

Success!!  :smile:

b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 04:16:21 AM »

congrats on the new mod! now clean that engine bay! hahaha j/k bro. i'm a huge v2 fan. i'm sure you've become one too by now lol!

-brian
Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »

Congrats on your install dude. One thing left to do is red line the car and varify that your check engine light doesn't come on. Saw this issue on a 6th gen after CAI install without the sensor  hookup.

Rich
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012