Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:25:25 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ECM Fitness Thread  (Read 167428 times)
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2009, 01:15:10 AM »

Oh and my friend made me this shake yesterday that sounded like it would taste like shit but tasted amazing, I thought I should share.

3 big spoons of peanut butter.
coffee cup of milk
quite a bit of oatmeal
2 servings of whey protein powder

Sorry for the weird measurements, but we just eyed it and it tasted great Cheesy.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
najeezy
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
najeezy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2009, 02:27:07 AM »

i used to run a 5:45 mile. i'd better get back to running now that summers about to end and i lost all my endurance -____-
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2009, 03:45:24 AM »

ehh dont feel so bad... so far during my recovery from my work related injury... i have lost 15lbs of muscle.

LS2 GTO =)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2009, 09:56:22 AM »

Quote from: "Paulius005"
In the beginning of high school I was a skinny cross country runner that weighed at 102 lbs. My junior year I started to workout and gained about 20 pounds, while still running 3-12 miles a day. At the moment I am going off to college, and I have lost quite a bit of the endurance I used to have , but I try my best to stay in shape by swimming/running(more swimming) and working out at least 3 times a weak, it's not too much so I get my ass out of bed when I want to go usually.

Honestly, having experience with both running and swimming I would have to say that swimming will benefit the cardiovascular system more than running. On my runs I had to push up to 8 mile days, while with swimming the distance is shorter and if you do it as continuously as possible the time is shorter too, and it works the abs more as well. From my experience swimming is more efficient than running, but a balance of both would be a great way to keep one's endurance/cardiovascular system in great shape.

As for eating, I have recently realized that maybe I should stop eating shit for food, as my metabolism is fast but it will not last forever. I have started with simple things, such as getting a salad or a wrap at work instead of friend/grilled things, and I have seen that since then I feel better during the day.

At the moment I am 140lbs at 5 ft 7in, I started this summer at  134, so 6 pounds of what I hope is muscle. My scale says that my body fat % has stayed the same, so hopefully it's not lying to me Cheesy.

I would much rather swim than run but running is so much more convenient.  Just put on my shorts and shoes and I'm out the door.  With swimming I'd have to drive about 15 minutes and on top of that pay to get into the facility.

That shake doesnt sound that bad but with one cup of milk it doesnt sound like it would be enough liquid seeing how you said lots of oatmeal, whey protein powder and then PB.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
v6sicksspeed

Reputation Power: 7
v6sicksspeed pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »

anybody have tips on running?  

ive never been much of a runner (hated it actually) but i started running 3x/week back in May.  for some reason i actually enjoy it now.  i look forward to it on mon, wed and fri's (we have a locker room at work so i got on my lunch break).  my prob is that my left knee is getting a bit sore lately and my joints arent holding up awesomely.  

i dont go banannas when im out there - like 3-3.5 miles in about 40 mins (8 mph~ish).  im 27, about 5'11 and a fairly lean 190.  any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

J u s t i n
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2009, 10:30:50 AM »

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"

ive never been much of a runner (hated it actually) but i started running 3x/week back in May.  for some reason i actually enjoy it now.  i look forward to it on mon, wed and fri's (we have a locker room at work so i got on my lunch break).  my prob is that my left knee is getting a bit sore lately and my joints arent holding up awesomely.  

i dont go banannas when im out there - like 3-3.5 miles in about 40 mins (8 mph~ish).  im 27, about 5'11 and a fairly lean 190.  any thoughts on what im doing wrong?

Try wrapping it in an ace bandage to prevent twisting while your stepping, and see if it improves the feel in your knee.
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:15 PM »

I'm sore as shit today so I decided to skip the workout today and start to work out every other day so I won't kill myself. What do you guys reccommend doing to get rid of the soreness? Something tells me the answer is going to be "you need to work out to get rid of the soreness" lol
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »

Stretch and ibuprofen or acetaminophen does it for me

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2009, 12:27:37 PM »

Quote from: "v6sicksspeed"

Try a different pair of shoes.  Depending how you pronate when you step, your type of shoe can be the wrong one.

My best recommendation is to go to a running store, and have them recommend shoes based on how you walk.

Shoes make a big difference, and can be a reason towards extra soreness and pain in ankles, shins, lower back, knees, etc..

- Mark
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2009, 12:30:59 PM »

^I have pain in my shins when I run, good advice Mark, thanks man.
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »

Quote from: "slipkord"
^I have pain in my shins when I run, good advice Mark, thanks man.

No problem.

Here's a site that has a pretty good explanation of it.  It's definitely something to not be overlooked.  This may not solve everyone's problems, but it can solve some arising problems or solve problems that you didn't know could be caused by something as simple as wearing the wrong shoes.

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7 ... -0,00.html

- Mark
ROLO

Reputation Power: 8
ROLO pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2009, 12:50:09 PM »

Nike Shox are the best to run IMO
Blackhawk

Reputation Power: 16
Blackhawk pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »

I started working out at 172lbs after I got out of the hospital. So far I've gained 6.5lbs in only 10 days of hard training and horse-eating. I'm going for a 13lb total weight gain by end of August, and another 5lbs by end of September, to settle at 190lbs lean. Should be a breeze.

Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »

Quote from: "ROLO"
Nike Shox are the best to run IMO

That would be most peoples first assumption because it is a popular shoe but you should actually go to a running store and have them check your feet as well as stride to see what shoe fits best for your feet and body.  You might end up with Brooks, Saucony, Asics or even Shox.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
xodus

Reputation Power: 1
xodus pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »

For soreness get glut amine.. since your body naturally produces that , it'll help your recovery, and the soreness will be to a minimum to none at all depending on what kind of glut amine you actually get.

LS2 GTO =)
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012