Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:33 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: Replace Serpentine / Accessory / Drivebelt  (Read 31882 times)
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »

Well that's good to know. I've notice a few squeaks during cold starts, but none to over bearing since it went a away after warming up.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2009, 11:51:24 PM »

How many miles do you have there Steve? I'm leaning towards the belt. It might have caught some contaminate like coolant or oil, but after it warms it goes away. The reason why is because during cold start the belt is in standard form. After the belt has warmed up, the belt tends to expanded. As you know rubber contracts and expands depending on the tempature.
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
How many miles do you have there Steve? I'm leaning towards the belt. It might have caught some contaminate like coolant or oil, but after it warms it goes away. The reason why is because during cold start the belt is in standard form. After the belt has warmed up, the belt tends to expanded. As you know rubber contracts and expands depending on the tempature.

I'm around 59k-60k miles now. I might just purchase a new belt and change it when I'm about to do my 60K maintenance or hold onto it till the sound get worst. I gotta check the manual again to see when it needs inspecting/replacing.

EliteCM Profile

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »

Serpentine belts don't have a service interval on our Accords. If you feel the need to replace, go ahead and replace it. The belt is fairly cheap. I would say about $50-$80 range. As you can see, the installation and removal is fairly easy. Just remember your belt routing.
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 11:12:11 PM »

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna check the condition of it when I get a chance. I just want to confirm if this is the correct part number for it click me

EliteCM Profile

MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »

Yep. That is the one. Before you take off the belt, make sure you have a belt routing. I can get you a diagram tomorrow. (If I remember to get it)
InFuMoUs

InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 11:31:50 AM »

Ya I'll be sure to draw it out when I do it. I'd be scratching my brain if I didnt. Thanks again.

EliteCM Profile

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 02:47:31 AM »

Ah, belt replacement.  Such a pain with underdrive pulleys.  F*ck you UR.

Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 07:16:22 AM »

Judging from the list of belts + sizes you posted on the other thread, It seems to be as though the stock TSX belt should work. That's taking 1.25" off the stock Accord belt. However, it's hard to say because I don't know how little slack your Gates belt had. Maybe even that next size up Gates one could work (1.875" smaller than stock).

Quote from: "striktlyaccord"
Stock Accord belt is 70 3/4" (Gates part # K070701)
Recommended Gates replacement belt is 68 7/8" (Gates part #K070683) - this is apparently way too small, and the size difference from the stock Accord belt is pretty drastic
The next belt size up is 69 1/8" (Gates part #K070685)
Stock TSX & CRV belt is 69 1/2" (Gates part #K070690)
Stock RSX-S belt is 68 5/8" (Gates part #K070680) - this'll be way too small as well

Maybe we should get some guinea pigs to test out the best solution. I'm sure there are many other options, however. It just takes some research and patience.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »

Well the problem was that the Gates belt had no slack at all... in fact, it wasnt even gonna come close to fitting and came nowhere near the top of the last pulley it needed to fit over.  And unfortunately, I can't be a guinea pig, nor do I have much patience.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »

Well, whenever I'm going to get a new belt, I'm going to get the TSX belt. It seems to be the best solution for people with pulleys.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Well, whenever I'm going to get a new belt, I'm going to get the TSX belt. It seems to be the best solution for people with pulleys.

Even that belt might be way too small.

Jeff Likes Bagels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2009, 10:01:04 PM »

Really? I guess you weren't kidding when you said that the Gates belts have negative slack, lol.

striktlyaccord

striktlyaccord pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 01:01:53 AM »

Quote from: "Jeff"
Really? I guess you weren't kidding when you said that the Gates belts have negative slack, lol.

Well, obviously if the belt it too small it won't have any slack.  That was the case with the one I got based on UR's recommendation... too damn small.  But, after doing a lot of research yesterday, I think I've figured out why their recommendation was so wrong.  Hint hint, the RSX, TSX and Accord are not the same car... I know, shocker.

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 11:00:45 AM »

So which belt are you going to use Dave?  You don't have to take it to a shop if you don't want to.  I would be more than happy to help you with this.  I would honestly recommend that you go and buy 2 different belts (that you think are the right size) from Auto Zone and we test fit them.  Whatever doesn't fit, you return.  Like I've suggested before, don't overthink this one.  It's very easy to replace a serpentine belt, and should only take about 5-10 minutes.  I'd be more than glad to come down there and help you out, or we can meet up half way at my friend's house.  Either way, it's your call.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 4 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012