Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:59:43 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Complete Detail 2005 Accord NHBP  (Read 7675 times)
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:43:20 AM »

This is going to be my first write up for detailing my car. This was actually a few “firsts” for me. This was the first time using clay, cleaning my engine, and buffing/polishing my car with my PC 7424! (I know, I know, I should’ve practiced on someone else’s car first)

Here what the order I did everything..

Interior:
Rigid Shop Vac w/ different attachments
Meguiars quick detail wipes
(I usually keep my interior pretty clean)

Exterior:
Rinse w/ Power Washer
2 BM w/ 2 Grit Guards
Armorall Car Shampoo
Microfiber wash mitt
Microfiber drying towels
P21 Wheel Gel

On to the good stuff…

Paint
Taped off all trim and chrome
Meguiars Clay Bar kit w/ Quik Detailer spray as lubricant
Quite a bit of contamination in clay considering I drive down lots of dirt roads
(No pics of dirty clay, wasn’t thinking..)
Menzerna SIP (LC Orange Pad)
Menzerna FP   (LC White Pad)
Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0
P21 Carnauba Wax (using foam applicator)
and tons and tons of MF towels

Pic of the hood before. Tons of scratches and swirls.

Pic of the front left fender, not pretty. (Tires hadn’t been washed yet)

50/50 Hood after one pass w/ SIP and 5.5” orange

50/50 Hood after 2nd pass w/ SIP. I applied more pressure this time to try and get more of the deeper scratches out and that seemed to help.

After doing the entire car with SIP I moved to FP with 5.5” LC white and continued to use about the same amount of speed and pressure I used with the SIP. Then I moved to the WG paint sealant (smells awesome) and then the next morning (appx. 10 hours later) I put on a thin coat of P21 wax.  

Test reflection shot in the garage w/ no flash…(where did those blue flakes come from??)

Finished product (also after applying p21 wheel gel)

And then of course, it rained.

And a reflection shot at my work, you can read the “Happy Hour” sign lol

Also, before all of this I was waiting for the UPS guy so I decided to clean up my engine bay.

Not perfect, but a definite improvement

Before I finish I have to thank a few people. Thanks to “bitterchild” (autopia)(Tony) who recommended I use Men SIP and FP and giving me such a great deal on some products. Also, a HUGE thank you to “RTexasF” (Rick) and “BigAl3” (autopia)(Allen) who both gave me some great advice and tips that were a tremendous help to a newbie like myself. Finally thanks to my sister's boyfriend who helped take pictures and wipe off the car after polishing, and thanks to skizot for getting me interested in detailing my CM.

Alright, that’s it. One long day and my 1st car down. Let me know what you think, constructive criticism and comments are welcome and appreciated.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 02:35:48 PM »

Looks pretty good man nice job!
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:22:44 PM »

Looks great! Excellent job!

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
RTexasF

Reputation Power: 2
RTexasF pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »

I think that is a damn good first effort, the car looks good..........well done. Takes a lot of work doesn't it? I'd bet that you have new respect for those that do this type of work on a regular basis, eh?  Smiley  Next time do the wheelwells and tires, it looks unfinished with those not dressed.

Rick, token old bastard.
NWINNIE34

Reputation Power: 6
NWINNIE34 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »

looks good man, makes me wanna clean up my engine bay...

2006 PWP TSX, 6Spd, Nav, Ebony Interior

Custom Comptech Icebox, Ralco UD Pulleys, 22mm Progress Tech RSB, LED Reverse/License plate lights, M3 lip spoiler, Hondata Heatshield and P2R IM gaskets, OBX Oil catch can, Hawk HPS Pads

slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 04:58:09 PM »

Quote from: "RTexasF"
Next time do the wheelwells and tires, it looks unfinished with those not dressed.

+1

Gotta love the blue flake in our NHBP  :mrgreen:
unclejud49348

unclejud49348 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 05:00:41 PM »

I think that is a damn good first effort, the car looks good..........well done. Takes a lot of work doesn't it? I'd bet that you have new respect for those that do this type of work on a regular basis, eh? Smiley Next time do the wheelwells and tires, it looks unfinished with those not dressed.

Damn Rick, you called me out on it. I didn't buy anything for the wheelwells, I completely forgot even AFTER you suggested it to me.  :mrgreen:

Quote from: "slipkord"
Gotta love the blue flake in our NHBP :mrgreen:

Heck yes. I completely forgot that it's actually a shade of blue, lol.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »

looks good....but i dont see any tire shine??

oh and please use wire loom on that power wire for your amp. it will look so much better. might wanna think about re-routing it with factory wiring so it looks just that "factory look"

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 07:18:36 PM »

Good results for a first effort man.  The engine bay is a night and day difference.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »

Damn Rick, you called me out on it. I didn't buy anything for the wheelwells, I completely forgot even AFTER you suggested it to me.  :mrgreen:

I use one product for tires, wheel wells, and engines. That would be Stoner's More Shine. It is an aerosol so some overspray is inevitable which is why tires, wheelwells, and engine are done BEFORE washing/polishing the car. Those areas must be clean & dry of course.  It dries quickly and doesn't sling. While it is drying you can do interior work.

HINT: don't do the newb thing and forget to roll the car so the bottom of the tires get dressed also!  :oops:

Rick, token old bastard.
unclejud49348

unclejud49348 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
Looks pretty good man nice job!
Quote from: "Abailey4"
Looks great! Excellent job!
Thanks guys!
Quote from: "NWINNIE34"
looks good man, makes me wanna clean up my engine bay...
Thanks. It's not that tough to clean up the bay, I kinda just followed skizot's write up of how he did his and tried to mimic it.
Quote from: "rich"
looks good....but i dont see any tire shine??

oh and please use wire loom on that power wire for your amp. it will look so much better. might wanna think about re-routing it with factory wiring so it looks just that "factory look"
Thanks Rich. Yeah I completely forgot, won't happen again. And thanks for the suggestion on the wire loom, I wrapped the line with some silver loom and it looks much better. Now I just have to re-route the wire so it's less noticeable.
Quote from: "timot_one"
Good results for a first effort man. The engine bay is a night and day difference.
Thanks Tim!
I use one product for tires, wheel wells, and engines. That would be Stoner's More Shine. It is an aerosol so some overspray is inevitable which is why tires, wheelwells, and engine are done BEFORE washing/polishing the car. Those areas must be clean & dry of course. It dries quickly and doesn't sling. While it is drying you can do interior work.

HINT: don't do the newb thing and forget to roll the car so the bottom of the tires get dressed also! :oops:

I'm going to have to order some "Stoner's More Shine" from autogeek because they don't carry it anywhere locally around here (Autozone or AAP). I tried some "No Touch" on the wheelwells and that looks okay for now until I get my SMS in the mail. Don't forget to roll wheels, got it.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone. If anyone else has any comments or feedback, please don't hesitate.   :smile:

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 10:39:20 AM »

I use one product for tires, wheel wells, and engines. That would be Stoner's More Shine. It is an aerosol so some overspray is inevitable which is why tires, wheelwells, and engine are done BEFORE washing/polishing the car. Those areas must be clean & dry of course.  It dries quickly and doesn't sling. While it is drying you can do interior work.

HINT: don't do the newb thing and forget to roll the car so the bottom of the tires get dressed also!  :oops:

Great advice Rick, and you know much more than I do but, i'm going to toss out two products i've been very impressed with.

1. Tuff Shine - It's expensive but, leaves a ridiculous look on tires, and last way longer than anything else I've ever used, and i've tired alot of tires shines.

2. CD2 engine dressing can be used in the wheel wells, and I find it's a little less oily than more shine.
RTexasF

RTexasF pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »

I am also a fan of CD2 engine dressing. The negative side is that it's five bucks a can where Stoners is about $3.33 a can when ordered by the case, which I do since you can use it in so many areas. I have never noticed it being oily in well more than five years of use. CD2 almost always seems to need wiping down on the engine whereas the other does not. Minor point but one I think is important. Haven't heard of nor used the other product you mentioned.

Rick, token old bastard.
JC04accord

Reputation Power: 1
JC04accord pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 09:22:29 PM »

I'll drive up and you can practice on my car lol all you want.
JDMJNKY

JDMJNKY pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »

damn...you did an awesome job! ready to do mine? hehe

Forgive & Forget, disrespect and redeem!!! Wink
JDMJNKY's ULTIMATE FOR SALE THREAD LISTING! <=== Click me
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: