Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:24:06 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little issue this morning on the way to work  (Read 21476 times)
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »

Mike, if they screwed up, they screwed up. Based on our conversations they have been giving you a bit of a run-around. There is being demanding on getting it fixed and then there is being ignorant, the fact is that your car is dangerous right now since it has the ability to launch you forward into a intersection.

Please put her in neutral for the time being when coming to a stop, it is good practice for when you go 6sp :P

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2009, 10:25:35 AM »

Quote from: "NVA-AV6"
Mike, if they screwed up, they screwed up. Based on our conversations they have been giving you a bit of a run-around. There is being demanding on getting it fixed and then there is being ignorant, the fact is that your car is dangerous right now since it has the ability to launch you forward into a intersection.

Please put her in neutral for the time being when coming to a stop, it is good practice for when you go 6sp :twisted:

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2009, 10:29:57 AM »

LOL that was the plan Paul, or even take off in second until it gets warm as the issue is only in first. I'm going there in about a half hour, and I'm going to demand that they give me something in writing that says it's okay to drive until Wed. that way if I do have an issue. I have a bit of recourse.  I don't feel the need to be a total ass because I understand that they may be busy, and can't get to the car until wed. It sucks but, I would rather have the car in my possession than there’s any way. So if they are not going to work on it until then I’m sort of happy to have it back. At the end of it all I’m going to express my displeasure with the owner of the shop and see where it gets me. I'm not the type to be an asshole about things but, I’m certainly going to express my feelings.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:32 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"

Please put her in neutral for the time being when coming to a stop, it is good practice for when you go 6sp :twisted:

They are not asking for any money nor would they get any. The only cost would be if I wanted to extend the warranty.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

Quote from: "lavalleemike"
They are not asking for any money nor would they get any. The only cost would be if I wanted to extend the warranty.

why do that, it sounds like a shitty warranty to begin with.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"

No, I meant they want you to drive it more to have the miles rack up. That way its out of warranty. There's companies that do that sort of shit, only reason I said it.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2009, 12:00:12 PM »

I doubt hes going to put thousands of miles on his car in less then a week.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »

You're missing the point.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2009, 12:31:17 PM »

LOL the time will run out on the warranty well before the mileage. I expressed my feelings, and got i writing that if I have any issues the towing etc. is on him. Also, the reason he is not fixing it right now is that he cannot get the parts until Tuesday afternoon. Z thank you for bringing up the point about increasing the mileage so it's out of warranty if I was close that would be awesome advice which i would have never thought of. In this case the balance of my warranty is 12,995 miles, and I drive about 6k a year. But, again thank you for pointing it out because I and many others would never think of that.
ikethegreat

Reputation Power: 24
ikethegreat who is this guy?ikethegreat who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

In this case the balance of my warranty is 12,995 miles, and I drive about 6k a year.

Which is exactly what I was referring to. Not sure how I was missing the point.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2009, 01:43:39 PM »

Quote from: "ikethegreat"
In this case the balance of my warranty is 12,995 miles, and I drive about 6k a year.

Which is exactly what I was referring to. Not sure how I was missing the point.

Z thank you for bringing up the point about increasing the mileage so it's out of warranty if I was close that would be awesome advice which i would have never thought of.

This was the point I was making. Mike got it.

Quote from: "lavaleemike"
In this case the balance of my warranty is 12,995 miles, and I drive about 6k a year. But, again thank you for pointing it out because I and many others would never think of that.

Understandable Mike. You're right though, your year would be up long before the mileage.

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »

Slightly off topic but, I hate that warranties carry a time. If it were just 12k miles car owners could get so much more out of it.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »

Slightly off topic but, I hate that warranties carry a time. If it were just 12k miles car owners could get so much more out of it.

I agree. If that were the case, owners of multiple cars (Scott comes to mind) could take advantage of such a warranty. Unfortunately, businesses are there to make money not look out for everyone's better interests.

striktlyaccord

Reputation Power: 14
striktlyaccord pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2009, 05:00:53 PM »

Mike, what shop is making you go through all of this... Majestic or some other place?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2009, 10:49:35 PM »

Aamco transmission... I'll reseve my judgement until the job is done.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012