Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:53:19 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Blowing Warm Air ( AGAIN!)  (Read 12708 times)
Mr Eazy

Reputation Power: 8
Mr Eazy pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »

Any help on diagnosing this so I can try and get this resolved with as little $$ spent.

My ride is a 2006 V6 Sedan everything worked perfectly up until recently.

Less than 2 months ago my Air Conditionioning (AC) was blowing warm air when it was set to max cold. I had it recharged with the black light reflective dye, checked for leaks and no leaking.

Last week at a meet my AC was at first starting to blow warm air again and a few minutes later blew cold air at the passenger side and warm air at the drivers side.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? or Donations to help me get this fixed, lol

Arie
2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »

I would get an A/C Performance Check done by a shop. It seems like a possible schrader valve is leaking. Point the UV light at the high and low side valves, and see if that is leaking. You are losing freon, and a common leak is the schrader valve. Do not attempt to do this yourself. It is against federal law for anyone to expose freon in the atomsphere, and it should be handled by a trained and certified technician and shop.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2009, 10:03:35 PM »

I really can't add anything to this but I'd go with what Thien is saying. BTW, I merged both your HVAC topics Arie so as to not clutter.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Mr Eazy

Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 10:07:09 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
I would get an A/C Performance Check done by a shop. It seems like a possible schrader valve is leaking. Point the UV light at the high and low side valves, and see if that is leaking. You are losing freon, and a common leak is the schrader valve. Do not attempt to do this yourself. It is against federal law for anyone to expose freon in the atomsphere, and it should be handled by a trained and certified technician and shop.

Thanks Thien, this is one thing that I have no choice but to bring to a shop, but totally sucks to lose the $$ on this.

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
I really can't add anything to this but I'd go with what Thien is saying. BTW, I merged both your HVAC topics Arie so as to not clutter.

Thanks bro, I totally forgot that I posted this up before, damn memory doesn't work anymore.

Arie
NVA-AV6

Reputation Power: 10
NVA-AV6 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 05:56:42 AM »

Too much taquiela, LOL, but yeah time to get a shop involved unless you want to drive back down here....

M90SC Boosting 13PSI.....
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 08:26:55 PM »

so I noticed no one mention rattling coming from the compressor area when the A/C was on and only on. Anyway to make a quick fix without avoiding not using your a/c? I looked up the OEM compressor and it is quite expensive. The way I'm headed I'll never save enough to get the mods I want....  Cry

big FML

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 09:39:35 PM »

I had AC problems in the past and I ended up replacing my compressor with one from a wrecked 2006 Accord that I picked up for $75 from a local junk yard that I found through car-part.com.  It's worth your time to search locally for junk yard parts instead of paying full price for brand new OEM parts.  This is one of those parts that I would do that with. 

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2010, 12:24:24 AM »

I had AC problems in the past and I ended up replacing my compressor with one from a wrecked 2006 Accord that I picked up for $75 from a local junk yard that I found through car-part.com.  It's worth your time to search locally for junk yard parts instead of paying full price for brand new OEM parts.  This is one of those parts that I would do that with. 

Thanks Tim, not sure if I4 and V6 use different compressors but I could not find one for that low. $100 is still better than $500!

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2010, 12:31:58 AM »

Yeah, for the $100, it's worth it.  Just try to find one from a low mileage Accord.  Mine is still blowing cold air.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »

You are going to need a compressor. Your compressor clutch bearings are more and likely worn out. No way of fixing that but to replace the whole compressor.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »

I've replaced my compressor clutch before.  I know you can buy a replacement for the K24, not sure about the J30 though.

Tim
Mr Eazy

Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »

Wow, I forgot about this thread.

to let you guys know, my AC issue was a "catastrophic failure of the air conditioning system"

Luckily I have mechanical breakdown coverage with m y insurance and they were able to take care of the bill for me. Totoal billed was 2900 to replace my AC system and all I paid was a $250 deductible.

I'm literally CHILLING now  Grin

Arie
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »

What exactly was the "catastrophic failure" you had?

Tim
Mr Eazy

Mr Eazy pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 10:46:42 AM »

What exactly was the "catastrophic failure" you had?

From what the shop and Geico told me, the compressor failed but was still functioning and ended up grinding some metal within and pushing the metal bits & dust throughout the whole AC system. They replaced the whole system.

Arie
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »

When I buy a new car I will def. have to get MBI. It really worked out for you!!!
Pages: « First 1 [2] 3 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012