Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:47:14 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Site Suggestions  (Read 160616 times)
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »

Since the member list is pretty small right now and we all know each other fairly well, I'd like to get some feedback on how to improve the community.  I'm always opent to making things better and getting feedback from everyone.  So if you have any suggestions ***cough***Brian***cough***, go ahead and let me know.

I've decided to update this post with the suggestions that you guys have made and what is happening with them.

Changes Made
DIY's and Parts Lists - converted by Thien
"Post Since Last Visit" button - "Vew New Posts" link already exists
Forum and Posting Rules - Site & Forum Rules
No Sales For New Members - Limited permissions for new members already in place
Regional Forum - Created 02/14/09
ECM Decals - currently available from Misha
"Delete Post" permissions for members - Changed 02/25/09
Remove Forum Rules from every page - Changed 06/13/09
Paypal Donation Button - Added 10/27/09
RSS Feed Of New Posts - Added 10/27/09
Links Open New Window/Tab - Added 10/27/09
Update Banner picture - Updated 10/27/09
Update Main Page picture - Updated 10/29/09
Update/Expand Smily List - Updated 10/29/09
Shout Box - Added 10/30/09
Reformat registration email - Updated 10/30/09
Field For BBM PIN in user profile - Added 11/11/09
Fix Latency Issue - Fixed 6/7/10

To Do List
Forum Summary for main page and search engines
Member of the Month
Flyers and Business Cards
Produce Review Forums

Chopping Block
Spell Check
Word Censor
Reduce Signature Pic Size Requirements
Key Commands for BBCode

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 01:17:05 PM »

I thinnk its a great start. The shell is perfect it's the quality of the members that will make this go far. We need more DIY's and part's list etc. But, this stuff will come.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 01:21:18 PM »

Thanks Mike.  We definitely need to start working on posting basic information in stickies.  I'm working on a wiring guide (go figure) for our cars right now.  Look for it in the electrical forum.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:26:54 PM »

Would it be difficult to add a "Post Since Last Visit" button.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 03:58:24 PM »

There is a "view new posts" link at the top right of the page just below the current date and time and a "view active topics" link on the left side of the page below the last visit date and time. ;)

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 04:01:47 PM »

They suffice nicely thank you for pointing in out!
lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 01:22:05 AM »

Like I mentioned in the other thread, maybe we should setup some rules in regards to creating threads that already exist. Also, setup a number of posting limit before you can put something up for sale.

MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 01:33:19 AM »

We already have a for sale limit. You must have at least 50 post before you can post an ad for sale. Keep the suggestion coming.
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:37:49 AM »

cool. i didn't know that ...learned something new today :)

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »

It's set up that you cannot post in FS threads unless you have a certain number of posts.  This is to deter people from signing up just to sell their junk because they have either sold their car, are selling their car, or just parting things out because they're done modding.  I do not want to promote that sort of thing, so people that try to join for those reasons are not welcome.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »

Cool. How about a small chatbox at the bottom of the page? So that members who are online can chat about whatevers on their mind.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2009, 12:03:44 PM »

It's not a bad idea, but it probably wouldn't get used that much.  In all honesty, most people have AIM, Yahoo Messenger, or some sort of chat application and that's how I shoot the shit with most memebers on the forum.  For the guys that I know fairly well, they have my phone # and text me during the day.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 12:27:57 PM »

True. I only suggested since over here in Toronto, the local site has a chat box and is used by the members only.

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »

It's not a bad idea.  I just don't know if it's a feature that would get used much since our member base is still fairly small.  I also don't know how to make that modification to the site yet.  Mark (alpha) is really the guy that does all the site set up and stuff since he's more knowledgable about it.  If it's a simple mod, we can add it and see how popular it is.  For now, I'm going to stick to AIM until we research it more.

Tim
lilmalu

lilmalu pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

cool. If anything, ill get some info from the site that has the chat box and get all the source code if needed.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012