Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:07:51 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone own a Scanguage II?  (Read 2962 times)
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »

I put a lot of miles on my Accord and I wanted to see if anyone here has (or has had) a Scanguage II and what you thought of it. Did it help you improve your MPG, or was it even worth the investment?

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
kSchwiggy

Reputation Power: 1
kSchwiggy pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »

the scangauge is just a OBD scanner to read diagnostic info and read/clear codes... it wont change the working parameters of the car or improve performance... so nope you wont improve mpg just from hooking it up.. there are some cool features like HP reading but i wonder how accurate that really is... it most likely depends on an accurate user input of the car's weight

i just checked the website for it.. it looks pretty good but its basically just a snazzy trip computer. the best way to improve mpg is just dont rev the engine high and minimize pedal pressure while driving. save the 170 bux
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »

i have one, i like it but like kai said, just a snazzy obd2 reader, trip computer

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:55:05 AM »

I keep this guy in the trunk;

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:39:40 PM »

Piero, I think he was asking about the SGII because of it's fairly accurate trip computer. I've heard of guys using this thing when hypermiling. It's a lot more accurate than what the factory has to offer with regards to fuel consumption on the fly. Aside from that, there really is no use for the thing.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:14:41 PM by CrackerTeg » Logged

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
ibcnunv

Reputation Power: 14
ibcnunv pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 02:32:40 PM »

Mines has that feature too I just don’t have a fancy display on the actual hardware as like the one on topic “sorry to go off” but I think you could pull off the same affect with other types of products.  Right now I have that same reader running on my laptop and giving me some very nice displays.

I will take some videos later of my Carputer set-up up and running.

Piero AKA ibcnunv
Voltage Squad - Straight Bumpin Bitch!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012