Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:51 PM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K24 Block With K20A2 head swap review and intall  (Read 57220 times)
pbplayer257

Reputation Power: 2
pbplayer257 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »

why would i need to swap pistons? i wouldn't be changing any compression ratio or anything
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »

Its called piston to valve contact. Same thing the old LS/VTEC's were plagued with. Read up on that link I posted.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
DrunkenVIKING
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 1
DrunkenVIKING pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 03:59:04 PM »

ok guys, has anyone actually done this build on a G7 accord? The mechanical/parts bit I’ve got figured out, but according to Hondata, they don’t make anything for our accords. I thought that was odd because I’ve read posts from other people claiming to have K-Pro. I’m just trying to figure out how to make this work. I know our ECM won’t run the K20A2 head, so do we need to just run the PRB ECM with KPro and tune it accordingly?
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 04:24:43 PM »

I have a k24a2 block with a k20a2 and I also use kpro.  I have a custom CAN converter in my ECU to use a kpro'd EP3 ecu in my Accord.  It's a custom piece that an electrical engineering friend of mine made for me to keep using the Accord gauges and other accessories like a/c.  You're better off going with ktuner instead.  It's much easier to integrate in the Accord.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
DrunkenVIKING
Fucking Newb

DrunkenVIKING pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 11:54:31 PM »

Ok so pretty much I’m going to have to run the K20A2 ECU with custom CAN converter? Do you have part numbers and where I can get them?
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »

That's not possible.  The CAN converter is a custom piece that you are not able to purchase.  The person that developed it for me has no interest in making more to sell.  There are only a handful of them that exist.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »

Buy ktuner. Plug and play

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
DrunkenVIKING
Fucking Newb

DrunkenVIKING pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »

Yes, after talking to the guys at KTuner, thats the route i'll be going.  Just need an ECU from a 2005 and I'm in business because according to the chap i talked to, the Accord ECU is perfectly capable of running the k20a2 head. It'd just need to be tuned due to the increased air flow.  Time to get a shopping list started...
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 08:24:48 AM »

My tuner has been a big promoter of ktuner.  It seems to be a fairly solid platform.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012