Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:21:32 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling out Graphic Designers.. or anyone that wants to make me a logo..  (Read 2162 times)
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »

Hey everyone,

I'm working on putting together a website, which is initially starting out as a blog.

I'm fairly new to the DJing game.  I've been listening to the music for a long time, but I purchased equipment and started working on learning the skills a few months ago.  Most of what I listen to, and therefore, most of what I spin, is House, Electro House, Progressive House, and Dubstep.  There will also be a little bit of Drum & Bass and Drumstep in there.

Anyway, I need a logo.  The logo will serve as the main photo on the front page of the site.  Or at least, that's the idea, given that the theme I choose will include a photo on the front page.  I haven't decided on which theme I'm going to use, as I just installed Wordpress this morning.

The logo may also be used as the background design of a business card.

My DJ name is Comment Ninja.

I don't know if there will be specific size constraints until I choose a theme, which I plan to do tonight.  I'll update this post with the information if needed.

As an incentive, we could treat this as a competition.  I'll donate $1 to ECM for serious tries and entries.  This does NOT include typing up text that states "Comment Ninja", making it a different color or facetype, with a blank background.  I could do that.  So, for each serious entry, I'll donate $1.  And for the grand prize, if I like any of the entries and end up using it, I'll donate $5 to ECM in that member's honor.

If you're interested in seeing the current state of the site, it's www.djcommentninja.com.  It's still under construction, so you should be seeing some changes in the next few days.

I'm also deciding on when to set the deadline.  Let's shoot for Friday, 21 Oct 2011 at 5pm Pacific Standard Time.  If you need more time, let me know.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

- Mark
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »

any idea's on a color scheme?

-brian
alpha

Reputation Power: 18
alpha pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »

I think I decided on a theme..  Go to the site again, that'll be the color scheme of the site..

- Mark
b_beau_09

Reputation Power: 20
b_beau_09 who is this guy?b_beau_09 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 12:48:49 PM »

Alright, let me first start off by saying that it's been a LONG time since I've fiddled with illustrator, and it will take me awhile to get anything pushed out, so you'll probably be able to get a design from someone else first.  But I'll be working on something for you, as I have a few ideas..

-brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012