Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 08:57:12 AM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LCD Wallmount, anyone done it?  (Read 2711 times)
mnkyman

Reputation Power: 5
mnkyman pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:05:11 PM »

So i'm planning on wall mounting a 18" LCD to run a dual set-up with my laptop, anyone have any suggestions on making the job easier? Anyone done this before?

I already bought a bracket, but found out about monoprice.com today so i'm probably going to return the one I got and getter a better one from MP

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »

MonoPrice fucking rocks.  I always tell people to go there.  As far as mounting goes, just make sure you use the correct hardware for your application.  It's really not that hard to do.  Are you mounting it on to drywall?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:48:36 AM »

Yep, but I will definitely screw it into studs...the lcd (even for a 20") is pretty heavy

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
rich

Reputation Power: 4
rich pfffft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:59:13 AM »

we're havin my gf's dad's coworker put up our mount and run wires for our 52" samsung right now. thats 1 thing we wont attempt putting together ourselves!

2004 Accord Coupe V6 6speed
for sale!
Xbox Live Gamertag: BeachBum561FLA
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »

My Dad and I have done four. When Plasmas first came out, we went to Circuit City and bought a 50" sony plasma. The screws slid out of the brick and down came the shiny new sony plasma. Since then we have hung a 42" samsung, 50" Runco, and  50" Fujitsu in our house Just make sure to get it in the stud. Run the wires behind the wall because itll look shitty if you dont. Other than that it is a piece of cake. I dont suggest getting a swivel mount because the look crappy and stick out far. I think thats why the sony came out because it stuck out so far.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
mnkyman

mnkyman pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:54:20 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
My Dad and I have done four. When Plasmas first came out, we went to Circuit City and bought a 50" sony plasma. The screws slid out of the brick and down came the shiny new sony plasma. Since then we have hung a 42" samsung, 50" Runco, and  50" Fujitsu in our house Just make sure to get it in the stud. Run the wires behind the wall because itll look shitty if you dont. Other than that it is a piece of cake. I dont suggest getting a swivel mount because the look crappy and stick out far. I think thats why the sony came out because it stuck out so far.

lol, Torque = Force*Distance, so ya the farther it sits out, the more strain on the joint.

I would run the wiring in the wall, but its going up in my apartment and my lease will be up in July, so I will live with the cables for now...

Sam -|- 2006 I4 Sedan SE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012