Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 02:41:21 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Now this is scary....  (Read 9618 times)
Abailey4

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
So you'd be okay if they decided to tax 91% of your bonus because they fucked up and made a mistake?  I don't think the government is doing a good job at all.  I really don't see how giving money to bail out the companies that contributed to the failure of the economy is going to make things better.  These companies are failing for a reason, so let them die out.  If you want to stimulate the economy, why not let the people keep it and just reduce taxes across the board for a short term period?  I'd feel a lot better if I was giving less money from my paycheck to the government since they have already proven that they don't know how to use it wisely.  There needs to be a lot more change before shit is going to get better.

Considering that's money that they didnt have in the first place then yeah I'd be ok with it.  Just like last years stimulus check, if it started out at $600 and they made a mistake and I only got $100 out of that $600 then I would still be satisfied cuz thats $100 more than I started out with.  You cant cry over something that wasn't yours in the first place.

Regardless if AIG had a contract with the employees for those bonuses my biggest issue is if these fuckers didnt get the bail out money they would've breached the contract anyway so I dont see the big deal about not paying them those bonuses even if they were under contract.  And isn't it some kind of fraud when you draw up a contract saying you're gonna give somebody a specific amount of money when you know you dont have it!!? Too much pity for the rich IMO.

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »

Quote from: "Abailey4"
Too much pity for the rich IMO.

Money corrupts.  It's too bad that selfish motives are the cause of most of the world's problems.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012