Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 10:15:57 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decided to go for the flush look (no tire abuse)  (Read 6863 times)
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »

Milan, why is it that they don't stick out past the fenders in the front?  I have the TL 17x8's and my wheels are out past my fenders...I'll take a pic tomorrow cause it's driving me crazy!

Reputation Power: 17
Abailey4 pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:08 PM »

Quote from: "Milan"
Quote from: "Abailey4"
Looks vicious Milan. I recently saw another silver sedan on RDX wheels on either v6p or drive accord like a week or two ago. Was that yours?

Not sure, I posted a few different pictures with these wheels on other boards.  Plus people have been e-mailing and sending me PM's on the other forums about getting these wheels.  Do you have a linky?

Quote from: "JC04accord"
You climbed up on the roof of your garage LOL. Looking good man!

Sure did lol!  Looking good thanks to you and your patented fender rolling technique!

Just looked and it was v6p. You privileged them almost a month before your true home!!!! LOL

-Derrick & Ashley
Couple from NoVa
Car Domain Profile
Milan

Reputation Power: 8
Milan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 09:05:46 AM »

Quote from: "sherker55"
Milan, why is it that they don't stick out past the fenders in the front?  I have the TL 17x8's and my wheels are out past my fenders...I'll take a pic tomorrow cause it's driving me crazy!

Could be that the tire bulges out more on a 17" wheel.

Just looked and it was v6p. You privileged them almost a month before your true home!!!! LOL

Not at all.  I posted picture on this forum when I first got these wheels mounted.  You must have missed it.

Milan - NBP Coupe V6 6MT
Genevieve - Aspen White '07 MDX
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »

Quote from: "sherker55"

Could be that the tire bulges out more on a 17" wheel.

It could have something to do with the tire size also.  From what I recall the RDX wheels are 19"x8" +45mm.  I believe Milan is also running 225/40/19 tires.  We'll ignore the fact that he's running 15mm in the rear since you're talking about his front wheels.  Now, as far as the TL wheels, they are 17"x8" +45mm, so with all things being equal, the wheels will be sitting in the same position in the front fenders.  The difference comes with the tires.  I'm not sure if you have 235/45/17's or 245/45/17's, but that could be the reason why your wheels aren't as flush in the front.  The other reason could be that the different tires are also making the difference.  I have run both sizes on my TL wheels and can tell you from experience that the 3 sets of tires I've had on my TL's all fit different because they were shaped differently.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012