Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:50:26 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Camber Issues - Stock camber arms  (Read 6916 times)
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »

Ok, I'm getting straight to the point here. My camber is off, alot, altough you can't see it with the naked eye, I had my car up on the rack looked at both back tires and the inside is wavy as hell and the outside looks new. I must have hit something hard is all I can figure. How wonderful that Honda doesnt make adjustable camber arms.  I'm hoping with an addition of a Ingalls camber kit will fix my tire eating dilema. Since the back is toast and front has 50% left, time for an upgrade and while im down there might as well bring her closer to the ground. Need some opinions gentleman.

Also thinking of getting some 18" Gen8 rims...but thats another time with another thread...
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 07:47:37 PM »

If you get the Ingalls buy the arms at Ultrarev.com. That is where I got mine and they were the cheapest that I was able to find. They were about $140.00 shipped.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
slipkord
Veteran

slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:52:18 PM »

That is cheap..Thanks Bill
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

When you mean wavy, do you mean your tire tread is doing some type of chopping? If your tire is chopping, its not really a camber issue. How many miles do you have? Chopping usually occurs from lack of rotation and bad struts. I would get an alignment first to see where your camber is actually sitting.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:22:45 PM »

Chopping, yes. There are high and low spots on the inside of the tread. The tires are maybe a yr old/25k miles on them. They are Fuzion HRi tires. And they havent been roatated in a year as well. So Firestone lifetime alignment then, for starters?
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 08:32:21 PM »

Jeremy, its funny you mention the Fuzion HRi's. Those are the exact tires I have on my steelies.

Definitely go with the Firestone lifetime alignment to start. Find out what's causing the chopping. I had chopping as well, but it didn't start until I lowered her on S Techs and didn't align for 8K miles (I know. I'm lazy). Get your alignment and see if your toe could have been thrown off.

As for springs and camber kits, everyone's got their opinions as to what's the better options. You know what they say about opinions. Just check out what people are running in their profile's and ask away dude. HTH.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 08:35:20 PM »

Yeah. I suggest the Firestone lifetime alignment because once you pay for it, your alignments are free afterwards as long as you own the car. You can go once a year, once a month, once a week, or hell even everyday. Also, the Firestone lifetime alignment is valid at any Firestone across the nation.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 08:45:58 PM »

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated as always. I never get on the interstate but I did on Monday and noticed alot of pronounced road noise coming from the rear, at least now I know its coming from the choppy tires. Hopefully it's just an alignment issue, but will need new tires soon. I hear Firestone is discontinuing the Fuzions. Time to research some better tires.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 08:47:26 PM »

Quote from: "MyNameIsThien"
Yeah. I suggest the Firestone lifetime alignment because once you pay for it, your alignments are free afterwards as long as you own the car. You can go once a year, once a month, once a week, or hell even everyday. Also, the Firestone lifetime alignment is valid at any Firestone across the nation.

Not any Thien. I ran into a couple out here where it isn't valid. If its a chain Firestone (according to the guy at the one I found), its honored. Luckily for me, there's about 8 of them within 20 minutes of me.

Quote from: "slipkord"
Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated as always. I never get on the interstate but I did on Monday and noticed alot of pronounced road noise coming from the rear, at least now I know its coming from the choppy tires. Hopefully it's just an alignment issue, but will need new tires soon. I hear Firestone is discontinuing the Fuzions. Time to research some better tires.

No problem with the suggestions. Personally, I think the thread is fine here since suspension plays a part in how a tire wears. Just my .02.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

Yeah, the privately owned Firestone will not honor any lifetime service that was purchased from chain owned Firestone. Fuzions are discontinued Jeremy, so you might be able get them for fairly cheap.
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 04:39:23 AM »

Are you lowered Slipkord? I had some camber wear problems with my coupe last year...was from springs settling after I got my alignment.  I personally called Ingalls and spoke with a technician...I was told that its virtually impossible for your camber to get knocked way off from hitting potholes and such.  Given that the Honda control arms are not adjustable...I don't think it is even possible to get your camber into the -2.0 or greater range...the arms are a fixed length.

Though if you have a wavy or feathered looking pattern on the inside of your tires that could be more of a toe issue. The wear that I had was on the inner 1/4 of the tires...very smooth and even wear.
slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 06:28:53 AM »

I'm not lowered and never have been, having a toe issue isn't possible necause of the tire wear, going to get an alignment Saturday, ill post up what they say.
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 07:06:47 AM »

since your not lowered its gotta be an alignment issue but if and when you do lower your vehicle, do it right and get the ingall camber kit, well worth the money.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 07:48:28 AM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
since your not lowered its gotta be an alignment issue but if and when you do lower your vehicle, do it right and get the ingall camber kit, well worth the money.

Like I said a few posts up:

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
As for springs and camber kits, everyone's got their opinions as to what's the better options. You know what they say about opinions. Just check out what people are running in their profile's and ask away dude. HTH.

slipkord
Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 09:13:55 AM »

Done at Firestone, my toe was out. Now just need to get new tires, talking to a lot of Techs, these Fuzions suck. I could buy two HRi for the rear or just get 4 new Potenzas
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012