Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:53:57 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 95243 times)
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »

He's in fucking uganda or some shit. My legs aren't that long, and I'm to fat to endure his current climate.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2010, 10:21:32 PM »

got a p0401 code that keeps coming up. I replaced the egr valve.....no dice, keeps coming back

To Each His Own
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »

Never done one on an Accord but, from the Toyota's of worked on sometimes the tubing going to the EGR gets clogged as well as the EGR it self, and cleaning it can clear it up.
CurrentStatus
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
CurrentStatus pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »

I just replaced the egr valve, but how would I clean the tubing to it?

To Each His Own
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2010, 11:37:15 PM »

In the past I used carb cleaner it's probably not the best method though.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2010, 11:47:53 PM »

I'd probably use compressed air.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2011, 11:04:28 AM »

Im getting code p2646 ... My scaner reads.."Rocker arm actuator A - bank 1  Perf. Or stuck off".. That dosent sound too good..

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2011, 12:03:18 PM »

P2646 - Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage

It's #12 in the picture.  There are a few steps that you need to take to determine that it's not functioning, but it's most likely the switch that needs to be replaced.  I have a few of them, but all my spare engine parts are packed away for my move.  You can probably get a complete VTEC solenoid assembly on k20a for around $20-30.  You can use one from an Accord, Civic Si, TSX, or RSX with a K series.  They're all pretty much the same.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2011, 09:07:02 PM »

P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Is this the sensor on the cat or the other one (i forget if its before or after it)?

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:11 PM »

P0141 - Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S (Sensor 2)) Heater Circuit Malfunction

That is the one on your catalytic converter.  Did you clear the code already?  If you already did that, then check fuse 18 in the fuse box under your dash.  If it's blown, replace it.  If that doesn't work, skip all the other steps in the service manual and just replace the sensor.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »

P0141 - Secondary Heated Oxygen Sensor (Secondary HO2S (Sensor 2)) Heater Circuit Malfunction

That is the one on your catalytic converter.  Did you clear the code already?  If you already did that, then check fuse 18 in the fuse box under your dash.  If it's blown, replace it.  If that doesn't work, skip all the other steps in the service manual and just replace the sensor.

Code was cleared and came back within 2-3 seconds after starting the car. I'm going to check the fuse. Is that in the driver side fuse box?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:07:12 PM by CYANiDE » Logged

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »

There are only 2 fuse boxes.  One under your dash and one in your engine bay.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2011, 10:19:03 PM »

There are only 2 fuse boxes.  One under your dash and one in your engine bay.

I'm supernoob. For some reason I thought there was one in the passenger side.

Thanks again.

Eric.
k24low20z

Reputation Power: 6
k24low20z pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2011, 10:34:15 PM »

P2646 - Oil Pressure Switch Circuit Low Voltage

It's #12 in the picture.  There are a few steps that you need to take to determine that it's not functioning, but it's most likely the switch that needs to be replaced.  I have a few of them, but all my spare engine parts are packed away for my move.  You can probably get a complete VTEC solenoid assembly on k20a for around $20-30.  You can use one from an Accord, Civic Si, TSX, or RSX with a K series.  They're all pretty much the same.

thanks for all the info tim...i found out that the problem was caused by being really low on oil i was missing three Qts Cry..i got  the oil changed and top off and problem has gone away. i think i need to change out the oil pan gasket becuse it looks like oil leak is coming from and i aslo think my motor maybe is also burning alot of it too..ill keep an eye more on the oil from now on thats for sure.. i cleared the code and has not come back..

timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »

Yeah, checking the oil level is the very first step in the Honda service manual.

Tim
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012