Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 07:09:30 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94642 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2009, 03:00:59 PM »

i took my car into honda to get diagnosed. and they said that it was my 02 sensor. but that it was because of my intake and recommended that i get a defouler? its basically an extension so that the o2 sensor doesnt sit directly in the cat and doesnt sense the extra gas passing through. but for now i got no cel light on. i check on that later.
they also said there was a cm upgrade for my car and did that for my free of charge. i have no idea what the upgrade did. anybody know about this upgrade?

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2009, 11:50:34 PM »

Not sure about the upgrade, but they were wrong about your CEL being caused by your intake.  If you deleted your cat or had a high flow cat, it would have caused that CEL.  Did they replace the O2 sensor?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »

no. they told me to get the defouler.

timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2009, 01:01:17 AM »

What is the CEL code you're getting?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2009, 08:02:19 PM »

same one as always p0171 too lean.

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2009, 09:05:40 PM »

Which O2 sensor did you change?

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2009, 06:58:35 AM »

I don't think he changed it. They told him to just get a defouler.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2009, 07:12:26 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
I don't think he changed it. They told him to just get a defouler.

Gotcha...I was under the impression that he changed the O2 sensor before, but still kept getting the code.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2009, 07:24:33 PM »

Fab, if you keep getting that code its time to replace the sensor. What Honda told you was a crock of shit. Adding a defouler and blaming the intake for the code is bullshit. I wouldn't trust what they told you. If your exhaust system is stock, the defouler is only going to prolong the inevitable which is replacing your O2 sensor. Replce it now and clear the code. You won't have it pop up again.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2009, 12:36:04 AM »

There's no reason why the O2 sensor would give him a "lean" code.  Maybe the a/f sensor would give him that code, but what is causing this to happen anyway.  I say, put the stock intake back in first, if that doesn't do anything, run premium fuel from a different gas station (could be bad fuel), and finally, consider taking a closer look at your injectors.  You may want to have them cleaned or replaced.

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2009, 07:42:55 AM »

I got my first CEL last night Sad It's from the lovely broken gas pump incident, and the result of my tank being over filled. Have to wait for the EVAP system to burn off all that fuel and hope it goes back out.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »

That sucks.  What code did you get Mike?

Tim
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2009, 08:23:15 AM »

Didn't bother to pull it because I know what it's from. The gas pump never shut off, and I didn't notice until it was coming out of the tank onto the ground so I know the tank was over full.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2009, 09:58:11 AM »

You may want to check that code still.

Tim
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2009, 06:21:17 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
There's no reason why the O2 sensor would give him a "lean" code.  Maybe the a/f sensor would give him that code, but what is causing this to happen anyway.  I say, put the stock intake back in first, if that doesn't do anything, run premium fuel from a different gas station (could be bad fuel), and finally, consider taking a closer look at your injectors.  You may want to have them cleaned or replaced.
to give you guys some back ground... the first time i ever got a cel code. was when i installed the tsx im with hondata gasket around feb of this year. then it went away... but would come on from time to time (once every few weeks for about a day). then when i got my fujita cai it came on and doesnt go away much (stay on for a few weeks then shuts off for a day or so)

at first i had my intake ghetto zip tied. so i thought it was a leak of some sort. but now i have the vibration mount and i have checked all the hoses and maf to see it its lose. i have ran shell 91 octane gas and that cleared it right off the bat. but on the same night it came back on the same tank of gas Sad lol. i have also put a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in a full tank of gas.

i got this code back in feb and at the time i had stock intake with tsx im. an i have been dealing with this cel code since then.. and what pisses my off is that i went to honda to get it diagnosed to specifically know which sensor it is, and save my self the time and money switching sensors only to find out if it was another. i feel like that was useless now. they said that with that intake i would always have the cel code on. only way to by pass it is to get a defouler.

for now i am going to remove my maf sensor and spray it with brake cleaner then reset my ecu...

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012