Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:03:33 PM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Light Codes Discussion  (Read 94645 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 01:27:08 PM »

Quote from: "Icebox"
that sounds like the code would be caused by a dirty maf sensor or a vacuum leak not the sensors on the exhaust.

Well the code continuously is P0171...

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
Icebox

Reputation Power: 12
Icebox pfffft.
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »

my sisters lex pulled that code, i cleaned the maf sensor and havent had any problems since. google that code and see what returns.

David - MDVACM Squad #13

My EliteCM Profile
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 08:22:08 PM »

the cel code p0171 keeps popping up on my car, but then goes away for awhile. its used to appear for a couple days. and then disappear for a couple weeks. now it shuffles between days, on and off. my guess is a dirty maf sensor. if it was a bad o2 or a/f sensor then the code would just stay on...?

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 08:40:09 PM »

Well that code you just listed points to the O2 sensor in ya header. If it was bad it usually stays on, but my guess would be there's some kind of short in the wire which could explain why it keeps coming on and goin off. You can try cleaning the MAF, but not sure if that will help solve the issue.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 09:03:22 PM »

My CEL went on and off for a while then stayed on when it was the O2 sensor.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 09:09:16 PM »

i will try to clean up the maf sensor and check for any leaks on my intake. then i will reset my ecu and see if it appears again.....
none of this happened right until i switched the accord manifold for the tsx IM. the same day i switched the two i got a cel code. then went away and never came back. then i installed a CAI and it re appeared and keeps popping on and off now. i am going to plug in a code reader just to make sure it is that code..

InFuMoUs

Reputation Power: 5
InFuMoUs pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 11:03:46 PM »

Sounds like the MAF is freaking out by the increase air flow it's been getting.

Steve - NYCM Squad/Team Crazy Creashunz
EliteCM Profile

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 11:55:28 PM »

P0171= fuel system too lean

You may want to try resetting your ECU, doing the idle learn procedure, and consider filling up with premium for the next tank of gas.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2009, 05:55:26 PM »

hmmm ok i have reseted the ecu b4 like skip had mentioned. i will try reseting it again, erasing the code and then filling up with premuim.
would having to much air in and not enough out cause this too? i have the tsx IM and CAI, but stock exhaust and headers...

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2009, 09:54:30 PM »

I never had the problem when all I had was a CAI and TSX IM.  I also do not have a MAF.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 06:35:26 PM »

could that fact that i have a maF make a difference? anyways i dont have much time. but im going to put premium gas, maybe in 94 octane:D on sunday i will probably clean out the maf and check for any leaks on the intake. i really need a code reader to plug in tho.

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 09:52:24 AM »

TIM ONCE AGAIN! YOU ARE A FUCKING GENIUS! last night i needed to fuel up. so before i tried anything else i pumped premium fuel like you said. and BANG as soon as i started the car i reset my odometer, then remmebered to check the cel light and it was gone!!! tim once again you have come thru for me. your the man bro. thanx alot

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »

over the weekend the cel code popped up again. so i tightened up my intake manifold (one bolt needed to be tightened 1/4 turn) plugged in the code reader and erased the code..(p0171)  so far so good.
it actually read 2 codes p0171 and p0171 p. what does this 'p' stand for? pending>?

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2009, 05:48:23 PM »

The "p" stands for pooty-tang.

Seriously though, I don't know why you would get the same code twice. Maybe its a Canadian thing.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2009, 06:03:06 PM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
The "p" stands for pooty-tang.

Seriously though, I don't know why you would get the same code twice. Maybe its a Canadian thing.

hahaha. i dont know either. can someone clarify whats the p stands for?

Pages: « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Next > Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012