Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:49:35 AM
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire mounting fee  (Read 8232 times)
MyNameIsThien

Reputation Power: 0
MyNameIsThien hides in shadows.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »

Too bad you guys aren't around here. I would do all for $40.
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »

Would you scratch my rims?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
MyNameIsThien

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »

Nope. I don't scratch rims like Sears, Discount Tires, and etc.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

Reputation Power: 11
sherker55 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 10:16:29 PM »

well what's the secret, so we can ask the fuckers around us respectively how NOT to scratch our wheels?!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »

First of all, they need to clamp the rims from the outside instead of the inside. Second, make sure they use a plastic rim clamp and not a metal one. Also, it takes patience and skill to not damage the rim. At the same time, you have to be fast to make sure you can get the tire mounted. I will try to make a video of me mounting and dismounting a tire the "PROPER" way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 11:16:33 PM »

that woud be VERY useful man

Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 11:22:14 PM »

Nice.  It would only be useful if I had a tire mounting machine.

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 12:19:36 AM »

you could show it to a shop tech on your phone, and say..."do this"

Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 09:42:59 AM »

It still doesn't give them the skill or experience required to do it properly.  Just because you watch a DIY video online doesn't mean you have the technical abilities to do it.

Tim
sherker55

Boats 'N' Ho's

sherker55 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 10:16:22 AM »

true, but it is a start at least...

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »

Would like to see the video as well.  My "go-to" tire shop has forever lost my business because they chipped the paint down to the metal on one of my TL rims last weekend.  I am super anal about my wheels and I know there was no damage before I took in the wheel for a patch.  Why do so many people suck at their job?
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »

Did you bring the damage to their attention so they can fix it?  I got $800 from Sears because they ruuined my wheels.  Maybe your "go to" shop will step up and fix them for you since they caused the damage.  Shit happens, but what really makes a difference is how they handle it when shit happens.

Tim
Pages: « First 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012