Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:08:32 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself  (Read 5876 times)
fabulous010

Reputation Power: 7
fabulous010 pfffft.
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »

i went to my local dealership to get the transmission fluid changed. as a result i was really happy with the newly formulated fluid. but was disappointed when i noticed an oil stain on my driveway. so i look under neath the car and noticed that the sub-frame on the driver side is drenched in oil. my first assumption was do i have an oil leak??? but being that i just got the tranny fluid changed, i have reason to believe that its the tranny leaking. so either they didnt clean up the oil that was left from draining or they didnt tighten up the fill plug tight enough! :evil: i sprayed brake clean on the area to clean it up abit. but when i got home today i noticed its still abit dirty. i have placed a piece of cardboard underneath now. lets see if she leaks.

would it help if i left the car running abit to test for a leak?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 06:46:43 PM »

Use white cardboard, and you will be able to tell if its the transmission by the color.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 07:14:57 PM »

for fuck sakes! i went out right now to clean my maf sensor, and when disconnecting the negative terminal on my battery i noticed that the mechanic also broke the cover on the positive battery terminal. im am soo furious right now. i know it doesnt affect anything, but the fact that i try to maintain my car as best as i can and then someone else just comes and brake shit, just pisses me off. good thing he is not here right now!

thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »

damn that sucks.. See this is why I dont like taking it to a mechanic unless its 100%, and if I do I take it to my uncle that works at the honda dealership. But for the most part I work on my own car. I don't even let other people wash my car for the most part let alone work on it.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 08:39:45 PM »

+1. Nobody touches my car unless I'm hovering over them and I don't have the means to do the job myself.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »

i know, but i didn't have the equipment to do the manual transmission fluid change

Rich01

Reputation Power: 20
Rich01 who is this guy?Rich01 who is this guy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:02:21 PM »

Fucking people, this same shit happened to me this summer. Went to the dealership got tranny flushed and replaced, oil changed and some other stuff. Went to Toronto the following day and after I arrived I saw oil on the floor. They didnt tighten the oil filter correctly. I lucky it made it to Canada. Dude I would bring the car back and have them double checked and clean that shit up

Rich
mitchigan

Reputation Power: 1
mitchigan pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:59 PM »

I hate when these things happen to me as well. It's almost as if they do it on purpose. You spend so much time taking care of your car, and then some lazy ass jerk just goes in and quickly does the bummest amount of work he needs to do to get the job  done no matter what gets broken in the way.

CM66 Taffeta White J30A4
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 10:50:37 PM »

Quote from: "fabulous010"
i know, but i didn't have the equipment to do the manual transmission fluid change

damn that sucks man. I did my tranny fluid yesterday. Took 12in extension, 6in extension, 18in breaker bar, , and 2 guys. The fill bolt was the second hardest bolt to remove on this car *first being crankshaft*. WTF MAN. First I had to take out the intake box. Then it took 2 guys pushing that shit to break it looose. I fuck up the bolt head pretty bad. Need to go honda soon and get a new 1, but hey at least I know what broken and can fix it. I just put it back hand tight.

But it was definitely worth doing. The car shift like butter and 3rd and 6th gear shift are effortless now. *Redline FTW*

timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »

Is this the same dealership that said your CAI (which works fine on everyone else's cars) was giving you a P0171 CEL and told you to use a spark plug defouler on the O2 sensor to get rid of it?

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
thisaznboi88

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »

Quote from: "timot_one"
Is this the same dealership that said your CAI (which works fine on everyone else's cars) was giving you a P0171 CEL and told you to use a spark plug defouler on the O2 sensor to get rid of it?

+1 on that I hope you still have warranty. Get ready to start milking that dealership for a new tranney / motor. lol But seriously, you need to talk to the service manager or something because that is ridiculous. What if you didn't make it to where you wanted to go and your tranny blew up?

Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »

I don't want to excite anyone but, when I had my tranny rebuilt they forgot to tighten something, and 2500 miles later the tourque converter had to be replaced. While they claim they received a faulty torque converter from the manifacture I'm pretty sure that driving the car while it was dumping fluid all over the ground didn't help the situation.
fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 07:38:48 PM »

i forgot to check the peice of cardboard that i left under my car last night. but am happy to report that after work i noticed that there is no oil under neath my car in the spot i parked. i also talked to the manager and he was really apologetic and told me to bring in my car whenever i can and they will check everything over and will replace that battery terminal cover. damn straight you are! and not only will you replace and check everything over you will also reimburse me for my own personal time that i wasted having to come back here. wither it be a free oil change or car wash. i dont care!
the only thing im still upset about is the fact that i spent $150 on getting it diagnosed and on a defouler to end up in the same confused state of mind.

lilmalu

Reputation Power: 2
lilmalu pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

which dealer was this. ill try to avoid going there in the future

fabulous010

fabulous010 pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 07:50:35 PM »

richmond hill honda. the service was great and all. i was really impressed by their service. but in the end there still human. i think he just forgot to clean up the access oil. but the fact the you broke something and didnt tell me about it, pisses me off. but on top of checking everything over and all they offered to come and clean up my driveway! lol so we'll see how this plays out

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012