Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:07:24 PM
Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speeding: Is it really worth it?  (Read 6186 times)
clapton924

Reputation Power: 6
clapton924 pfffft.
Trade Count: (0)

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:21 PM »

I know its easy to think that going just a little faster will get you to your destination much sooner.  I've fallen into this trap...but in reality your not saving much time.  I just made up some numbers for a trip of 115 miles. I've listed the speed and the total trip time.  Here in Louisiana the speed limit is 70 on the highways.  The difference between driving 75 and 80 could be a $100 ticket, and even if you don't get caught your only saving yourself 5 minutes time. Just something for everyone to think about.  Be safe.

Speed (mph)      /Time (min)
90                                     /75
85                                    /80
80                                  /85
75                                  /90
70                                 /97
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:09:56 PM »

In short, no. It's not worth it. Unfortunately, I have too many tickets on my record from years ago for speeding. Thousands of dollars later, I learned my lesson.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:02:40 PM »

Don't forget the fact that your gas mileage goes down also.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 12:05:47 AM »

I love being passed by someone then pulling up next to them at a stop light.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 12:08:12 AM »

Quote from: "wtcii"

That's happened to me before. It's so embarrassing. I was in a rush to get to work on a Friday and was speeding. Cut off some guy and he ended up next to me anyway about 5 miles later LOL.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
thisaznboi88

Reputation Power: 24
thisaznboi88 who is this guy?thisaznboi88 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (6)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:05:40 AM »

Quote from: "CYANiDE"

That's happened to me before. It's so embarrassing. I was in a rush to get to work on a Friday and was speeding. Cut off some guy and he ended up next to me anyway about 5 miles later LOL.

+1 some dude was being a douche bag on the freeway. I caught up to him doing 65-75 since there was traffic up ahead. I just pointed and laugh.

~~FlashPro tuned by domgsr-t~~
Kinda Flashpro tuned by http://vittuned.com/
JuStIcE
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JuStIcE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:57 AM »

Quote from: "CrackerTeg"
In short, no. It's not worth it. Unfortunately, I have too many tickets on my record from years ago for speeding. Thousands of dollars later, I learned my lesson.
I agree very expensive! After you take in to account all the days you miss from work, also lawyer fees, then the courts surcharge fees. Very very expensive! I keep them all in my arm rest just to remind me to just relax and enjoy the car.

JuStIcE
Mike
Farts Dust

Fan Boys Anonymous

Reputation Power: 95
Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!Mike is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 07:47:31 AM »

It's not worth it but, sometimes I get the itch to drive a little faster than I should. I haven't had a ticket in over 3 years but, i've donated my share.
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 08:09:17 AM »

Quote from: "JuStIcE"
I agree very expensive! After you take in to account all the days you miss from work, also lawyer fees, then the courts surcharge fees. Very very expensive! I keep them all in my arm rest just to remind me to just relax and enjoy the car.

Wow, that is ridiculous. I guess speeding laws/punishments are much stricter up north. As long as you pay your ticket within 30 days they really dont care about anything else, here. Tickets usually range from 25-200 and no points. It is still not worth it though. I got one going on three years ago and it only cost me $40.00 and it was 27 over the speed limit. I have matured much more now and rarely speed, so I learned my lesson and I know it was stupid for me to do that.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 08:25:18 AM »

Wow, that is ridiculous. I guess speeding laws/punishments are much stricter up north. As long as you pay your ticket within 30 days they really dont care about anything else, here. Tickets usually range from 25-200 and no points. It is still not worth it though. I got one going on three years ago and it only cost me $40.00 and it was 27 over the speed limit. I have matured much more now and rarely speed, so I learned my lesson and I know it was stupid for me to do that.

Actually Bill, my tickets are from when I was living in Miami before I joined the military. Up here though, I've got a bit of an edge (my radar detector among other things). I do go a bit over but nothing compared to what I was pulled for back then.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
JuStIcE
Fucking Newb

Reputation Power: 0
JuStIcE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 09:20:12 AM »

Actually Bill, my tickets are from when I was living in Miami before I joined the military. Up here though, I've got a bit of an edge (my radar detector among other things). I do go a bit over but nothing compared to what I was pulled for back then.

Mine where all in NYC, Nassau, an in Suffolk county. All ranging from just about anything, also numerous points.

JuStIcE
unclejud49348

Reputation Power: 3
unclejud49348 pfffft.
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 09:40:05 AM »

I've got 2 speeding tickets on my record but one should be "falling off" soon. I was young (16) and "my speedometer didn't work", but I don't do that anymore.

Now if I could only get my girlfriend to stop racing on the highway I'd be all set.

Justin - NHBP Sedan 5AT

(^^ Made by Milan, thanks!)

Quote from: "skizot"
unclejud49348 <--serious, WTF is with that name
Paulius005

Reputation Power: 8
Paulius005 pfffft.
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 11:04:23 AM »

After getting my one and only ticket for going 91 in a 65 and being that close for getting charged for reckless driving I realized that those types of speeds aren't necessary. I can admit that I still go 5-10 over on the highway quite often, but I do not reach the kind of speeds that I used to when I was more inexperienced.  I am also guilty of driving faster when I am in a rush but only when that one extra minute would actually make a difference, if I am ten minutes late, I don't try to rush to a place, I just try to get there safely.

Paulius San Jose, CA
i4 5AT CM7
slipkord
Veteran

Reputation Power: 31
slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.slipkord is almost recognized as human.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 12:47:34 PM »

That's crazy who knew. My motto is do 5mph over what is posted. I've never been steered wrong before. Plus, I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere. I get up, go to work. Why in the hell would I be in a hurry to get there? Then I leave and go home, why would I be in a hurry to get back home to a prego wife/kid? Hmmm that's my life Smiley
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »

Fucking comedy Jeremy! Why be in a hurry to get to work/ prego wife and screaming kid?

Pages: [1] 2 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012