Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:29:05 AM
Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Profile] wtcii  (Read 25858 times)
CrazyCreashunz

Reputation Power: 27
CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?CrazyCreashunz who is this guy?
Trade Count: (5)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2010, 08:43:30 PM »

Quote from: "wtcii"
The only "mod" I can see my self doing would be a front strut bar or something... I dont really know.

...maybe a custom painted valve cover!  :thumbup:

Billy -Prez. of Team Crazy Creashunz
My Elite CM Profile I  www.CrazyCreashunz.com I "Like Us" on Facebook!
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »

Fuck that. I paid less and painted mine black. Ha! lol

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

Reputation Power: 25
wtcii who is this guy?wtcii who is this guy?
Trade Count: (2)

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »

You love some green dont you? lol I'll get one at some point. I just need for work to pick up. I havent worked since the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I should start next week, so we will see. I have had my eye on the Neuspeed or DC sports one though... Along with the 6MT one. Dont you have two? If so, do you have a picture? So maybe I should rephrase my previous statement. I have no major mods planned or intent to plan such as retros or wheels like I once did.

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:30 PM »

You love some green dont you? I have had my eye on the Neuspeed or DC sports one though... Along with the 6MT one. Dont you have two? If so, do you have a picture?

I sure do love green but I was saying green since your ride is green.... here are some kodaks for ya. I painted the V6 6MT stb lime green as seen in the kodak below.

Here is a kodak of both, Neuspeed and V6 6MT

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »

Lol just a coincidence. That looks nice. Was the 6MT one hard to install?

Bill C.
SECM member
I guess he has money to burn.  I'd rather waste my money on parts that actually make my car faster, hookers, and drugs.  Fucking amateurs.   :Smiley
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 09:17:14 PM »

Lol just a coincidence. That looks nice. Was the 6MT one hard to install?

It was a piece of cake, like 15 minutes to install!

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 09:18:47 PM »

Thats good. The DIY makes it seem not so straightforward.

Bill C.
SECM member
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »

Thats good. The DIY makes it seem not so straightforward.

Basically its removing the oem bars and just replacing with the V6 6MT bar, now its one piece instead of two. One removed put new stb in reverse order from taking out the oem bars...

CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 09:22:17 PM »

Hey Bill, what are your impressions of the TLS RSB with your drop? I keep hearing mixed reviews but since you and I have essentially the same suspension setup (springs wise) I'm interested to hear your thoughts on it. Jeff complains about snap oversteer and a few others do as well. I have the TL 17mm RSB but fell like it isn't enough but with my current tire setup (OEM Michelins, for now) the 17mm is enough.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 09:23:07 PM »

Thats not so bad. Did it make a noticeable difference? Do you have a RSB?

Bill C.
SECM member
CrazyCreashunz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »

Thats not so bad. Did it make a noticeable difference? Do you have a RSB?
It made a great difference I think and I had it installed before my drop... once the drop came the ride was nice! No still running oem on the back. That is a future upgrade soon to come!

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 09:29:45 PM »

I didnt experience any oversteer. I also didnt push it too hard either. I took a few banked sharp turn ranging from 40-60 mph. I just went out in the country to the twisties for about an hour and I was pretty impressed. Definitely not the car it used to be but I think the springs and rsb are a good combo. I could see it not feeling enough especially if you did the rsb after springs, not sure which order you did them in but I am def glad I got the 20mm. I think I could get my back end loose though if I tried, I just dont want to. I dont know if the people who are experiencing oversteer are accelerating at the beginning of the turn then letting of midway through but I think that will do it.

Bill C.
SECM member
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 09:46:30 PM »

I did the TL 17mm rsb before I did my springs. The one time I had the ass end come loose was on a cloverleaf on ramp a few months back on wet pavement and it caused me to slide into the dirt. I blame the shitty Michelin tires for that one. Once I get my new tires on, that should be a thing of the past. I just might throw on the TLS rear since I now have the fstb to complement it. Bill, if you push your car (obviously don't go more than you are comfortable with and without other cars around), I'd like to get your impressions. I love to throw my car around turns but only when the roads are dry and even then my tires howl so I have to let off.

wtcii

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »

For $50 bucks it would hurt. It will push my car harder and let you know. I just didnt want to push it hard so there would be no associations with new mods and wrecks.

Bill C.
SECM member
Jeff Likes Bagels

Reputation Power: 21
Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?Jeff Likes Bagels who is this guy?
Trade Count: (3)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2010, 10:11:56 PM »

After I got my G019 Grids, I haven't had any problems with oversteer. To be honest, the 20mm isn't as bad as people play it out to be. I can see where if you don't know what you're doing, you can induce oversteer. When I first did the TL-S RSB, I didn't even know what oversteer, understeer, or snap-oversteer was. After realizing these things, it's made me understand a lot more about the capabilities of my car. It's all about knowing what your car can handle.

By the way, I got that eBay strut tower bar for $2 shipped. I originally paid $27 for it, but I also got a $25 bonus credit from my credit union the same day. Cheesy

I think the hardest I've pushed my car was when I was taking a 25mph off-ramp going 60. Even with my crappy stock springs, the rear was staying pretty planted, while the front still had some roll to it. I think that if I got the V6 6MT strut tower brace, it'll help out better though. In theory it'd be better to get the TL-S FSB, but I don't have the means to install it, unfortunately.

Pages: « First < Previous 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Last »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012