Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:25:39 PM
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JDM 04-08 TSX "Accord" Mirrors on 06 Accord ?  (Read 5817 times)
CYANiDE

Reputation Power: 8
CYANiDE pfffft.
Trade Count: (4)

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »

I know the TSX mirrors fit with new holes on the base. Anyone know if the jdm ones (folding) from the 04-08 accord will fit? I'm not worried about the wiring just yet.

Eric.
2006 Honda Accord EX 2.4L Sedan
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »

Well, if it came from an Accord i.e. CM chassis, yup.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
timot_one
Farts Dust

I act like I own this place, because I do!

Reputation Power: 140
timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:49:33 AM »

Yeah. They will fit. Where did you find them? I'd like to get a set myself.

Tim
Quote from: Andrew Ilnyckyj
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 11:59:35 AM »

The guy bought them for his TSX. He says they fit the TSX base perfectly meaning it should fit outs with some new holes and modding it. Lets just say I am getting a sweet deal on these....$180 they are white but who cares. Picking these up in an hour... Tongue

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!timot_one is a god among men!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »

So are they JDM Accord/Inspire or Accord Euro R mirrors?

Tim
Eating gold is like the equivalent of wiping your butt with dollar bills.  At some point, it's going to come in contact with my ass...just doing it in a more elegant way.
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »

I'm guessing it's Accord Euro R (TSX here right?). It's not the inspire mirrors though, that would fit our window base perfectly. It's whatever they call the TSX over in Japan/China.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:27:35 PM by CYANiDE » Logged

Eric.
CrackerTeg
Farts Dust

No fucks given.

Reputation Power: 99
CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!CrackerTeg is a pimp among pimps!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 06:47:00 AM »

Then it would be the same shit as the TSX mirrors.

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
gargantula99
Veteran

Not So Evil Monkey!

Reputation Power: 27
gargantula99 who is this guy?gargantula99 who is this guy?
Trade Count: (1)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 09:01:08 AM »

Just get a pair of accord hybrid mirrors and call it a day.

2006 Accord V6 6mt Sedan CM6 CBP
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 11:14:03 AM »

Just get a pair of accord hybrid mirrors and call it a day.

But those don't fold!

I now know the base will just require new holes. Now I need to figure out how to swap the internals so I can actually see out of these mirrors.

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »

Why are you swapping internals?

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

Why are you swapping internals?

JDM mirrors have the opposite view (they drive on right obvs) and even with the mirror adjustment, you can't get the angle good enough to have useful sideview mirrors. Someone on TSXclub swapped the internals from his OEM mirror into the JDM ones (maybe it was the other way around) so he can have the folding option and still be able to use the mirrors.

Eric.
timot_one
Farts Dust

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »

You realize that you're probably going to have to swap TSX internals, and that the Accord internals probably won't fit or work?  I'm not sure if swapping the internals would be necessary though.  Sit in the passenger seat and adjust your mirrors as if your car was RHD.  My guess is that the person on TSX club probably did a bunch of work for nothing.

Tim
CYANiDE

CYANiDE pfffft.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 12:08:16 AM »

You realize that you're probably going to have to swap TSX internals, and that the Accord internals probably won't fit or work?  I'm not sure if swapping the internals would be necessary though.  Sit in the passenger seat and adjust your mirrors as if your car was RHD.  My guess is that the person on TSX club probably did a bunch of work for nothing.

Yea, that's the problem I've been thinking about. Someone on DriveAccord swapped Accord internals into the TSX housing with some dremeling.

if I adjust for RHD I'll be looking at the sides of my car lol

Eric.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal © 2005-2012